• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dan

New world record Buck??

Guest Dan

I have little info on this one guys. I got this in an e mail that said only this.

Subject: New world record from Iowa

Buck grossed 235 and netted 223 typical, taken in Sperry, Iowa. The buck he is next to on the truck, scores 201

Here's the photos.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Bill Arnott

Man...I can't even dream that big...either one.

CRESTINER BOATS SMITHS RV BRENNEN FORD THUNDERBAYFISHING.COM

Guest Dan

Man...I can't even dream that big...either one.

\

Since I've posted the original message, I've heard that the Buck was shot on a game farm. So

some controversy exists. Kind of like the stocked record Brook Trout. Geez. Can't anyone claim a record that isn't man made anymore? It's really a sad state of affairs when it comes down to this.

Bill Arnott

Oh No! You mean here we go again???? :P

CRESTINER BOATS SMITHS RV BRENNEN FORD THUNDERBAYFISHING.COM

fisherdude

thats absolutly huge!they both are...but my opinion..if it was from a game farm..shouldnt be a record..huge though!

crisop

ok i found an article of sorts on this deer

New SCI world record from Iowa. Buck came off Timber Ghost Ranch in Iowa. The guy with the deer is Jared Kaspar and i've attached a picture of the ranch with the deer and hunting party

post-51-1165640726_thumb.jpg

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF

Guest merc

This does sound way too familiar...soooo cause I'm too lazy to type all those thoughts again, I'll copy my statement from the trout thread...funny fits here also.

Merc

Bam----Ouch!---Tripped climbing up on my soapbox!

So this will be the next question in our evolution--are genetically altered fish and game to be held up in the same light as natural ones?

My vote is no but trophy hunters and dollars will always prevail.

Seems like every time we try to "improve" on nature we send it backwards

ie; fish farms on the pacific--lice affecting wild stocks, CWD in wild deer transmitted as reports go from farmed elk.

Last week I watched Mark Krupa's show fishing the rivers in the Gaspe area for wild Atlantic Salmon---absolutely incredible----waters so clear as it looked from the dawn of time---fish with pure strains with so much cunning and strength----no wonder this beautiful area is a heritage site---now that's real.

I once talked to some hunters from the southern US who tell me of controlled hunts where someone takes you out and points to the deer you can shoot---yeah that's hunting--but the story on the wall probably tells better.

How about feeding deer calcium rich feed to increase antler growth---can't be the same.

It appears we cater to the people who have so limited time to hunt or fish due to our world's schedules that we've invented the "Easy Trophy"

"Yes folks step right up and for one low price you too can have your name in a record book"

Sometimes progress stinks---I'll turn the box over to someone else now

Merc

Guest Dan

ok i found an article of sorts on this deer

New SCI world record from Iowa. Buck came off Timber Ghost Ranch in Iowa. The guy with the deer is Jared Kaspar and i've attached a picture of the ranch with the deer and hunting party

Geez. They even have team uniforms.

Guest Dobsey

Well I think that all man made records should have there own world record class, if they are going to count man made trophies as records.