• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
fishman1

illegal activity on t.v.

fishman1

i was watching wild t.v. with an episode of in-fisherman. gord pyzer was ice fishing for pike using dead bait. he was using a quick strike rig with 2 treble hooks. under ontario law you are only allowed 4 hooks per line, unless you are using a rap.did anyone else see this show? i understand people are looking into the matter and charges may be brought forward.

Some Old Guy

I did not see the show. But I know about trebles on an ARTIFICIAL bait is considered one hook per treble hook. All other situations it is considered three hooks. You are allowed 4 hooks in a live bait situation. Example would be a jig with a treble hook stinger is considered four hooks. On a Rapala lure, as you stated, has 2 or 3 treble hooks and are considered one hook each.

One thing to be mindful of though, is; Was he fishing in Ontario? There are different rules for different places.

Was this show on today?

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Some Old Guy

Hmmm after thinking about this,

Is dead bait live bait or an artificial bait?

Roger

Bill Arnott

By adding a small spinner blade on your quick-strike rig it becomes a lure and is allowed the two trebles. This is not just done to conform with the rules but can increase strikes as well.

I'm sure with his background that Mr. Pyzer would be unlikely to be breaking any laws but the question is a good one.

>Bill

CRESTINER BOATS SMITHS RV BRENNEN FORD THUNDERBAYFISHING.COM

Guest Fatman

So if you were to troll with two rapalas that havetwo hooks each that is okay. What about trolling with two spinners on one line. One lower and one abit higher up. that's fine.

Some Old Guy

I would think so Fatman. As you are allowed a slider on a down rigging line...... Right?

Roger

fishman1

By adding a small spinner blade on your quick-strike rig it becomes a lure and is allowed the two trebles. This is not just done to conform with the rules but can increase strikes as well.

I'm sure with his background that Mr. Pyzer would be unlikely to be breaking any laws but the question is a good one.

>Bill

[/qthere were no spinner blades on thse setups. but as you say bill, you would think that pyzer would be watching this kind of stuff.uote]

fishman1
I would think so Fatman. As you are allowed a slider on a down rigging line...... Right?

Roger

you are allowed 4 sliders on a downrigger line, i believe. or 4 hooks total but the trebles on the lures count as 1 hook, do they not?