• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Some Old Guy

2008 Portage Creek Research Data

Some Old Guy

The 2008 steelhead research data on Portage Creek is now tabulated and updated on the Northshore Steelhead Association Web Site under “Projects”.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

NWO Fishing Bum

Wow....reemphasizing just one strong year class in the last 5, 2004. And this year almost certainly won't turn out too well either. Maybe NSSA and MNR should be discussing a zero limit on the north shore!?!?

NWO Fishing Bum

fisherdude

why is this year not going to be a strong year?...i would of thought since the water has been higher this year than in the last few that it would help?

Mykiss
why is this year not going to be a strong year?...i would of thought since the water has been higher this year than in the last few that it would help?

The 2008 steelhead year class should be a strong one if environmental variables are the driving force. The 2008 year class will not show up in the fishery for a few years.....spring 2010 (+ fall of 2009) as skippers (age 2 years) 28 to 35 cm. and 2011 and 2012 as larger 48 to 55 c. adults (age 3 and 4 years). The 2004 year class will have to support the fishery until then.

RLK
Wow....reemphasizing just one strong year class in the last 5, 2004. And this year almost certainly won't turn out too well either. Maybe NSSA and MNR should be discussing a zero limit on the north shore!?!?

NWO Fishing Bum

Its basically a zero limit now. I am down the north shore for six weeks in the spring and i can count on one hand the number of fish i see killed. The problem with a 0 limit is that there is no where to go after that. It was a hard enough battle for us to get the limit dropped from five to one. Most of the fisherman are real good about releasing fish and there is enough ethical fisherman on the shore to keep those in check that may not be.

Guest TerryK

HUGE thanks to Jon George and his staff, all the NSSA members who participate in this study and everyone else involved for all their hard work on this project. It's an incredibly valuable study for us and the data collected has been vital in North Shore steelhead management over the past 15 years.

Terry Kosolowski

Vice President,

North Shore Steelhead Assn.