• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fatman

deer tags

Guest Fatman

I've got a anterless tag for area 8 but won't be there for a couple more weeks. I would like to go look for a buck right now in area3, could I use that tag that i,ve got the sticker on for the for 3 for a buck but Ive got to use it for 8 for anterless.

Guest MNR

Hunters who received a validation tag in the draw (for antlerless deer, i.e., Doe) are permitted to harvest their choice of EITHER an antlerless deer in the Wildlife Management Unit (WMU) specified on the tag (WMU 8, in your case) OR an antlered deer anywhere in the province during the open season (WMU 3 = September 1-October 10 for archery, October 11-December 15 for Rifles, Shotguns, Bows and Muzzle loaders).

Don’t confuse the antlerless tag you received in the draw with an additional game seal for deer that are available for many of the WMUs in the northwest region. Additional game seals for deer are not deer licences. An additional game seal for deer is valid only if the hunter possesses a current year’s deer licence. Additional game seals for deer are ONLY valid for antlerless deer in the WMU specified on the seal. They cannot be put on a buck.

An antlerless deer is defined in the regulations as a deer that does not have antlers, or has antlers that are less than 7.5 cm (3 inches) in length (measured from the base to tip).