• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Wes

Kenora Hunt/Harvest

Guest Wes

I was going to get cocky and post a photo of my buck tag and say something like "Next time you see this tag it will be attached to a Buck" but I was too busy working out of town for the last week and a bit. I got off the plane, spent a few hours with my wife then headed to Kenora for the annual hunt/harvest. I ended up putting 2 on the ground and a total of 7 for the group. We passed on about 20 others. I didn't bother taking any photos as my animals were not all that big. Medium buck and an antlerless buck. I preffer the smaller animals.

The shots, on the other hand, I am pretty proud of. First one at 150 metre from a fence post. Right through the boiler house, It dropped like a rock. The funny thing was, we just arrived on the property and hadn't even turned off the truck yet.

The second Buck from 170 metres, free standing. I don't consider myself a crack shot by any means, so thats why I was proud.

Enough meat for another year...YUM YUM!

Bear

Good job Wes, clean up some of the herd.

Was that you in the Chev pickup with the stepside box?

Bear

Guest Wes

No Bear I was in a black Toyota Tundra. The other 2 were in a blue Chevy. Not sure of the modle but it wasn't a step side. If you saw a bunch of legs it wasn't us. We did a pretty good job of keeping the animals out of plain site.

haha and no it is not because we were guilty of anything, just keeping the dead animals out of vision for the bloody tree huggers is all. + we took the pants off so we wanted to keep the salt and road grime off the meat.

Tracker, from what I hear you should have the same or better luck in the Emo area as well.

Jayfishin

Lots of deer running around everywhere right now...full moon!

Maybe we will get lucky and the MNR extends the season into January (an idea I read recently).

The other idea was more tags at no or little cost. If the MNR wants to control this population outbreak then they gotta drop the full cost for each tag. I usually by atleast one extra doe tag each year and sometimes two if I am headed for a trip west towards Nester Falls.

Any other thoughts on these ideas?

Gotta go warm up the truck now...the big buck is waiting!

Jay