• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest JJ1

License photo copy OK?

Guest JJ1

I have had the bad habit of misplacing my outdoors card from time to time and have lost probably 3 times in the last 5 years and as a result have had to replace them. As a result of my forgetfullness, I have made a few copies for my truck, sled and tackle box in case such an event occurs again. I am wondering if that is suffient enough if I were to be checked with just a copy of an outdoorscard and valid sticker? Thanks for the info.

Guest MNR

The Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act is very specific when it comes to describing what a licence is, what needs to be carried when a person is either hunting, fishing or trapping and what must be produced to a Conservation Officer as proof of being properly licenced.

There is no provision to allow anyone to use a copy of an outdoor card, licence sticker, game seal (validation tags and game seals are considered part of the licence and all parts must be produced if a licence is requested) or document deemed to be a licence. E-licences (“instant” licences that can be purchased over the Internet) cannot be copied either. It would be too easy for someone to alter licence information on a photocopy.

The following documents are “deemed” to be sport fishing licences under the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act 1997:

a) A disabled person parking permit issued under the Highway Traffic Act.

B) A national identity card issued by the Canadian Institute for the Blind.

c) A birth certificate of a resident or Canadian resident under the age of 18 years or over the age of 65 years.

d) The birth certificate of a Canadian resident who requires the direct assistance of another person to fish and to follow applicable laws in respect of fishing due to a condition of mental impairment or a developmental disability, a learning disability or dysfunction or a mental disorder.

Here’s a few common mistakes made by both hunters and anglers when it comes to licences.

1. You cannot purchase more than one licence for moose, deer, or black bear. (extra antlerless deer tags and two bear seals for residents can be purchased for some WMU’s.

2. You cannot apply for or possess more than one outdoors card.

3. You cannot transfer, buy, sell or give a licence, validation tag, game seal or any component of a licence to another person.

4. You cannot use a licence, validation tag, game seal or any component of a licence that was issued to another person. While hunting, you cannot possess a seal issued to another person.