• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
AB

Just for Giggles

AB

Further down the page is a thread about the number if days some of us spent fishing. Depending on your situation it may have been a lot, or not as much as you wanted.

Here is something to try as the new year starts in another 6 weeks or so.

In a safe place, or in a code your significant other won't understand, try and keep a record of the number and species of fish caught during 2009. It doesn't have to be your personal catch, rather the number of fish caught on each trip you are involved with.

Add it up at the end of the year. It might be depressing, or downright shocking.

It's a lot of fun to look back afterwards.

iceman

Guest JJ1

Thanks for the reminder, I started doing this last spring. I recorded the number of fish and presentation(s) that worked the best and the body of water. As the summer went on I forgot about and now will have to find it and see the results. Thanks

NWO Fishing Bum

For years, the lodge I guided for has kept record of every walleye over 18", pike over 30" and smallie over 16" boated, including the exact length (the the 1/4"), angler who caught it, location, and often water temp. and depth, as well as the wind direction and other weather conditions. The result is an incredible database.

I had multiple years, with 110-120 days on the water, and 3000-3800 walleyes recorded over 18" in my boat with ususally 2-3 anglers (i.e., averaged 25-30/day over 18"; Lac Seul is awesome!) Roughly for every 1 over 18", we'd catch about 2-3 under 18" depending on the season, though we didn't keep track of the under. I've had a few DAYS with as many as 75-80 walleyes over 18". And yes, the tips were good!

This record keeping is not only good for providing guests/prospective guests hard numbers on fish production, but is also an incredible source of knowledge for guides, looking back over past successes of where, how, and under what weather conditions various locations produced fish.

NWO Fishing Bum

Guest BannedCore

Sometimes on Lake St.Joseph we had counters and kept track of how many fish we caught and at certain times it was stupid. There were days I would quit clicking because my thumb was sore.(over 500 fish) I did keep records of walleye over 25' and northerns over 40'. And like NWO said the fishing up that way is ridiculous