• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
troutchaser29

Perch lakes?

troutchaser29

I've been in Tbay a couple years now and hear lots about perch fishing in the area. I've managed to find some good walleye lakes, and some good stocked spec lakes, but I am still looking for a good perch lake. My daughter is 3 and she loves fishing (thank god!) and we've been to hazelwood and caught a few small ones, but I'd like there to be a bit more action. Ive heard that whitefish is good, and tried it, but didnt even catch one!

Anybody care to share some perch lakes around town? I have heard of some up the 527 but theres a 1000 lakes up there and any hints would be nice.

Thx guys, and good luck this weekend, I imagine they'll be lost of guys goin for the first time this wekend.

Be Safe!

Formally Skirtchaser, now Troutchaser.

wicabel246

Just past whitefish and arrow lake there is a lake called Round lake. Some people call it roundtable lake. There are TONS perch in there, with lots of them being jumbos. After freezeup, drive down to the lake, and go out to the right about a 1/3 of a mile, so you line up between the grey house, and the cabin cross the lake. Drill some holes, and have fun. If you need more info, call me on my cell, 621-9452

Hope this helps. Peter

troutchaser29

Thanks for the info, I think I'll be out there tomorrow.

Any chance of catching anything else in that lake? Is the landing public? Thanks again.

Tchaser

wicabel246

There are walleye, and pike, but the majority of the fish I have seen in there with the underwater camera, are perch.

There is no landing per se, but at the end of the road, there is a small area to park, and it is public. Just be careful with ice conditions iffy, even whitefish is thick ice at cedar sites, and only 2-4 inches on the west end.

To get to the lake, you go past the entrance to the narrows at arrow lake, and past the gravel lake cabins, and the road is on the left. Peter

PS Another good spot for perch is Lake May Louise out on Sibley. Guys do quite well there. Peter

troutchaser29

I must not be a good perch chaser bcs I got skunked! i tried small minnows at various depths, didnt even get a bite! maybe i wasnt deep enough, but I did get out to about 10ft+, and still no hits.

maybe perch arent early icve fish. I'll try it again later this winter maybe.

Tchaser

Guest flyinfinn

Trout lake up mapleward road is full of perch the only down fall is that they are vary small the kids still have fun catching them.

troutchaser29

anybody ever hear of perch not being early ice biters? I went to two perch lakes and didnt even get a bite! I was using small minnows, in places I've caught perch before, but no luck. anybody have any ideas?