• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

vishuscirquel

got out for a couple hours today

vishuscirquel

Hi Y'all,

Got out for a coule of hours today, went back to Burr Lake to see if there were any bigger walleye to be had than the last time we tried.

Within 10 minutes of setting 2 lines down i had two pike on the ice

IMG_2401.jpg

IMG_2402.jpg

Lots of fish on the sonar, most of it very small perch, but some bigger customers showing interest...but no takers. That s untill i swapped jigs for plain hook with sall split shot 6" up the line and just let the minnow swim around and was rewarded with a small walleye.

IMG_2403.jpg

As the sun started to set the weather improved

IMG_2405.jpg

The perch stopped sniffing the bait and started to bite more agressively....got through a lot of minnows in 15 minutes....lol

IMG_2410.jpg

Not many bigger fish showing on the sonar...so went out further despite convention to go shallow as light fades.......and was rewarded with another small walleye, one 17" and one just under 20".

IMG_2415.jpg

The bigger one was reallly fat, thought it mght have a perch in its gut, but turned out to be full of eggs!!!

IMG_2416.jpg

Was good to see there are plenty of larger fish to be had in Burr.......i'm gonna work my way down the logging road now and try Ingall Lake...followed by Pickerel Lake. Plan to expand my horizons again this winter and get to at least 5-10 new lakes i have not fished, i'd better hurry up and buy a snowmobile!!!

Tight lines all!

Master Baiter

Just wondering , where is Burr lake? Nice fish

Mike

If your not a Master Baiter, you'll never pull the big one!!

th_logo_teamnosa.jpg th_NSSAlogo.gif

vishuscirquel
Just wondering , where is Burr lake? Nice fish

Mike

Hey Mike,

Here are the Google Earth Co-ordinates for Burr Lake 49 38 43.29N 92 53 01.84W

Copy and paste those into the search bar of google earth and it will take you to exactly the spot i was fishing.l

If you take the 595 out of Dryden, then turn left onto the 502. Continue along the 502 towards Fort Frances for about 15kms and you will see a turn off on the right called Dore lake road. Turn onto Dore Lake Road and just past the yellow 3km sign on the right hand side you will see a small layby. Park there and you will see a small trail leading through the bush....with my footprints in it.......its about a 50meter walk to the lake.

regards

Simon

Smokey

Thanks for the report. I can't wait for the hard water fishing to kick in here in central Ontario.

eyelander
i'd better hurry up and buy a snowmobile!!

Why Simon????? :lol:

You seem to be doing just fine without one. And this is you're, what, 4th ice fishing trip this season so far??

Keep having fun up there, be safe, and have a great ice fishing season.

Ohh,,,,,,,,,,,and keep posting reports and pics/videos. We like pictures and videos.

Tom

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

NWO Fishing Bum

Nice pics Vishus, thanks for sharing!

NWO Fishing Bum