• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest LARRY RIZZO

Lacs hard or open water

Guest LARRY RIZZO

Hey guys over the past few years i have noticed that you guys dont talk much about lacs during the open water season.But when the hard water starts up I see you guys all talk about the lake.I have been fishing the lake for about 30 years but only in the summer for a week or two a year. Do you think it is a better hard water lake then open water? Ihave been thinking about tryen it in the hard water season. But it is a long drive and i would have to stay a week .So that is why i am asking this question. Thanks RIZZ

Jayfishin
Hey guys over the past few years i have noticed that you guys dont talk much about lacs during the open water season.But when the hard water starts up I see you guys all talk about the lake.I have been fishing the lake for about 30 years but only in the summer for a week or two a year. Do you think it is a better hard water lake then open water? Ihave been thinking about tryen it in the hard water season. But it is a long drive and i would have to stay a week .So that is why i am asking this question. Thanks RIZZ

I have spent more time out there in the winter than summer as I tend to spend time on other lakes in the summertime. Lac is an easy drive for us in Thunder Bay. Right now guys have been driving their trucks out as the ice is a solid 12" and a road is marked. Note that this may change now as we got about a foot of snow this past weekend and some slush is bound to show up. This time of year, after first ice, tends to be a good time there (and most places) with several large walleye being caught. We released one on Saturday around 24" (5lbs) and the remainder were a nice plumb 17"ers. Mid winter there can slow down but by March prior to the closed season the lake produces fairly well again. YOu may want to check out Sugar Shack Rentals for good accomodations (shacks) on the lake. 807-473-9435 / 624-7096 cell.

Hope this helps

Jay