• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Bear

Bass Pro Shops

Bear

I heard a rumour this week and now it has been announced that bass Pro Shop is opening soon in Winnipeg. It may get Cabelas to actually stock their store the way the US stores are stocked. Presently they are terrible. Nothing like some competition.

Bear

NWO
I heard a rumour this week and now it has been announced that bass Pro Shop is opening soon in Winnipeg. It may get Cabelas to actually stock their store the way the US stores are stocked. Presently they are terrible. Nothing like some competition.

Bear

A BPS in Winnipeg may as well be somewhere in Kansas for all the good it does me there.

Some Old Guy

I think thay have one in Kansas.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

NWO

The reason I posted my remark is this:

(And let me preface my explanation first)

I, like most anglers, am a tackle junkie....I have a bad habit and need my fixes, and I get them everywhere. I order occasionally from BPS, I get tackle from my travels around NWO, and of course buy lots of tackle and equipment locally.

But BPS opening up in Canada is a whole lot of hooey unless they go the extra mile with mail-order. If I still have to put my occasional mail-order "order" in with BPS across the border in....what, ARKANSAS?, then a franchise opening up in Winnipeg doesn't mean a gosh darn thing to me. Same with the store in Vaugn Mills.......without Canadian mail-order, the existence of this store too is moot.

So, the whole "BPS is coming to Canada!" fanfare doesn't mean a thing unless you are in the area where a particular store happens to open up. As far as I'm concerned, without the mail-order component, these stores don't exist.........which, to local places like D&R, should come as a delight to hear.

Bear

Time will tell how good this will be, again Cabelas in Winnipeg is not anywhere close to the US stores. I too buy a lot of my stuff locally, but seeing as I venture in to Winnipeg on occassion it is also nice to know they may have some of the stuff I like.

BB

NWO
Time will tell how good this will be, again Cabelas in Winnipeg is not anywhere close to the US stores. I too buy a lot of my stuff locally, but seeing as I venture in to Winnipeg on occassion it is also nice to know they may have some of the stuff I like.

BB

Bear...I know what you mean...someone I know excitedly told me about Cabela's coming to Canada...........and then going to their website it just looks like an SIR inventory sell-off with a CABELA's logo stamped on it.

With BPS coming here without taking over an existing business, I think they'll do the same as they did in Vaughn Mills. But, without Canadian mail-order, we don't get fair shipping rates "in-country", or price stability with our own currency.

So, unless I go to Winnipeg or Vaughn Mills, I'm SOL with BPS.

Jayfishin

I just got the Cabelas Canada (SIR) catalogue in the mail. It looks like they do carry more that SIR did as this catalogue is similar to the US style...so time will tell. I haven't tried to order anything from this new catalogue but I did recently order a gun from them (from the old SIR catalogue) which turned into a bit of a mess due to SIR screwing up my info with Canadian Firearms Center for the transfer. They have been fairly good to deal with in the past but since the ownership changed I am not impressed. Jay

GC 54

With all of the tackle that I own, and it is a fair amount so I have been warned by the wife, I have yet to spend a cent on tackle at a BPS whether it is in the store or from mail order. I have purchased turkey hunting licences there, and a camo coat once, but have driven right past the Vaughen store many times and did not stop. At the Frazer Lake Walleye tournament earlier this year I won a $50.00 BPS gift card, will use it in the spring to purchase my turkey licences again.

However, if there is a tackle store in my travels in NWO, I will be sure to stop in and at least look, but I cannot resist a bargain so I always buy something. Its an addiction. I'm a hoarder of fishing tackle, so I've been accused of. Most recently, besides weekly purchases at D & R, was a stop at Bobby's Corners in Vermillion Bay, well we won't discuss what I dropped in there, 30% discount and then I convinced him to drop the taxes. To quote my wife, ".....a bargain still costs money....", but she doesn't know yet that she is getting a new St. Croix tournament musky rod for Christmas, and she don't even musky fish. She is going to have to take one for the team. It could be worse, I could be stopping at all of the bars and strip joints and spend the money there, now that she would have a harder time agreeing with.

George Clark of TEAM CLARK

FIELD STAFF FOR TEAM SHIMANO PRO STAFF FOR D & R SPORTING GOODS PRO STAFF FOR LUND BOATS
Proudly Supported By: G.LOOMIS JACKALL POWER PRO NORTH COUNTRY CYCLE & SPORTS Treasurer of: Thunder Bay BASSmasters

Bottom Bouncer

I'm Lucky GC 54 when I met my 2nd wife I soon discovered she has spent 3/4 of her life at the Kashabowie River Resort and fishing was a big part of her whole families life. (I wasn't going to make a second mistake). No comments please :D:D . Anyway I justifed my obsession with spending in the same manner in the past. Now I feel, if need to justify my fishing I just bring up Golfing and the cost of a membership etc...Membership $1100.00+, shoes $100.00+, 3-4 dozen golfballs $100.00+, glove $25.00+,........ Spending all this money annually on fishing.... "PRICELESS". There you go GC 54 incase your old line doesn't work anymore there's some new ammo :D

REELBAIT

GC 54

Never mind the clubs, it is those words 'second wife' that would scare me.

George Clark of TEAM CLARK

FIELD STAFF FOR TEAM SHIMANO PRO STAFF FOR D & R SPORTING GOODS PRO STAFF FOR LUND BOATS
Proudly Supported By: G.LOOMIS JACKALL POWER PRO NORTH COUNTRY CYCLE & SPORTS Treasurer of: Thunder Bay BASSmasters

Jayfishin
With all of the tackle that I own, and it is a fair amount so I have been warned by the wife, I have yet to spend a cent on tackle at a BPS whether it is in the store or from mail order. I have purchased turkey hunting licences there, and a camo coat once, but have driven right past the Vaughen store many times and did not stop. At the Frazer Lake Walleye tournament earlier this year I won a $50.00 BPS gift card, will use it in the spring to purchase my turkey licences again.

However, if there is a tackle store in my travels in NWO, I will be sure to stop in and at least look, but I cannot resist a bargain so I always buy something. Its an addiction. I'm a hoarder of fishing tackle, so I've been accused of. Most recently, besides weekly purchases at D & R, was a stop at Bobby's Corners in Vermillion Bay, well we won't discuss what I dropped in there, 30% discount and then I convinced him to drop the taxes. To quote my wife, ".....a bargain still costs money....", but she doesn't know yet that she is getting a new St. Croix tournament musky rod for Christmas, and she don't even musky fish. She is going to have to take one for the team. It could be worse, I could be stopping at all of the bars and strip joints and spend the money there, now that she would have a harder time agreeing with.

I have used that reasoning with my wife too in regards to things like buying gear but she doesn't like my reasoning? Oh well .... Jay