• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest schooner dave

Help for a student

Guest schooner dave

I am posting this topic hoping that someone may be able to help out my 20 year old son. He is presently a fulltime student at Confederation College enrolled in a course to become an Aircraft Technician. This is his first year of a 2 year program. He hasn't been able to land a parttime job in TB up to this point. We live in Southern Ontario and I read this site on a regular basis and I thought I'd just ask if by chance someone might have a lead etc. He loves TB and is enjoying the course.

He's 20 years old, a hard worker, honest and loves the outdoors. Prior to enrolling in this course he worked fulltime in construction for 2 years.

He is presently home for the xmas break and will be returning to TB on Jan.4/09. He's looking for a couple of shifts a week ...pocket money.

If someone happens to have a lead it would be greatly appreciated...he can be contacted at pothier1@hotmail.com or 905-977-8440

Thank you.

Dave aka schooner dave

Guest TerryK

Hi Dave. Any specific type of work he will do? Unless he has some days free construction would be out I guess. I'll ask around a bit if it's evening work he's after.

If he wants some work come summer, I suggest he join the Laborers Union and get on the call list. It's touch and go right now but you never know what might come up. He could end up making pretty good money for the summer but he would more than likely be working out of town.

Guest schooner dave

Thanks for the reply Terry.

Evening and weekend work is what he is looking for...perhaps a restaurant serving etc. A couple of shifts per week...just enough for pocket change. He has some experience in auto also E Test certificate.

Anyway thanks for the reply and have a Merry Xmas.

Hi Dave. Any specific type of work he will do? Unless he has some days free construction would be out I guess. I'll ask around a bit if it's evening work he's after.

If he wants some work come summer, I suggest he join the Laborers Union and get on the call list. It's touch and go right now but you never know what might come up. He could end up making pretty good money for the summer but he would more than likely be working out of town.