• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kevin Carlson

Holinshead Resort?

Guest Kevin Carlson

I used to fish Holinshead Lake every year with my father... we portaged down from Majata and usually stayed a week, packing everything in by boat...

I'd thought maybe it'd be fun to go back there, but stay at the resort... Haven't seen any reviews of it - so if you've been there can you tell me a little about it?

Thanks,

Kev

Guest Whopper2

Kev I was there three seasons ago and had a blast. The owners were very pleasant, the cabins were clean and comfortable and when we went (2nd week of August) we pretty much had the lake to ourselves. Three of us were looking for an alternate trip to an annual flyin so we could take our sons, we were not disappointed, the boys caught a lot of fish. The walleye fishing was very good, lots of fish in the 16 to 20 inch range, the pike fishing was a little slow and ran on the small side. If I remember correctly the lake is about 5000 acres and there are a couple other smaller lakes to the west that can be accessed. I coordinated the first trip and the rest of the group has gone every year since, I hope to make it back some day.

If you are serious about going there and need some help I'll do what I can.

Good luck in your search

DJL66

My brother went last year with a bunch of co workers and he said it was great. The cabins were ok and the fishing was good. They are plannig to go back again this year so that says alot.

Don

Guest marz78

I use to work for abitibi in that area and became very familar with the lake. They were nice people treated you well.. As for the lake a bent pin and a minnow will do.. If that don't work, make sure you bring a lot of orange spinners and jigs with you, as orange seems to out fish every thing else in the box..We use to fish in sight of the resort, but we ventured out further if we had time... we some time ventured for pike we would go straight out from the cabins and head to the left side of the lake, staying on the cabin end of the lake.. For walleye any point or Island will do didn't matter we caught fish everywhere we dropped a line.. If you decide to go enjoy, and if nobody has eaten him yet throw a few dead minnows at the little dock and feed the pet pike that use to hang around there.. Enjoy and I hope this helps.

Guest Kevin Carlson

Thanks guys!

I emailed them a couple of weeks ago but I haven't heard back from them... I am very serious about getting a trip together though :)

Kev

red

Information this week is that the lodge has been sold to US interests. Don't know anymore than that.

Guest Whopper2

Sad to hear if the old owners couldn't make a go of it they were decent people to deal with.

I was there three years ago and thought the fishing was excellent, the group I took then has had a standing reservation for a week in August. I'll see if they have been notified of any changes and let you know KC

Guest Whopper2

I did confirm that the past owners have sold to another couple and the camp will be open for business this year.

Hopefully you have already gotten a hold of the new owners, if not send me a pm and I'll get the contact info for you

speckmaster

The word out there is that the fishing has dropped off significantly. Apparently there are many openings this summer = poor fishing.

I did confirm that the past owners have sold to another couple and the camp will be open for business this year.

Hopefully you have already gotten a hold of the new owners, if not send me a pm and I'll get the contact info for you