• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest BannedCore

Auger blades

Guest BannedCore

Does anyone know who sharpens auger blades? As I have many dull sets that I would like to get sharpened.

Some Old Guy

Hi Hardcore,

I do know of someone. I'll find out the contact for you on Saturday.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Guest BigTrout

Bonjour,

My 2 cents: Buy a new pair of auger blades. If they are properly cared for, they will last you many years! I think one of the biggest reasons blades go dull is they get abused. I have had the same auger blades on mine for about 4 years. When I am finished using the auger, I make sure the auger gets put away with the blades pointing up and I periodically apply a thin layer of oil. Also, don't bang your blades on the ice and never "force/jam" the auger while you are cutting the hole.

Hopes this helps. :rolleyes:

Thefishleclair
Bonjour,

My 2 cents: Buy a new pair of auger blades. If they are properly cared for, they will last you many years! I think one of the biggest reasons blades go dull is they get abused. I have had the same auger blades on mine for about 4 years. When I am finished using the auger, I make sure the auger gets put away with the blades pointing up and I periodically apply a thin layer of oil. Also, don't bang your blades on the ice and never "force/jam" the auger while you are cutting the hole.

Hopes this helps. :rolleyes:

Um...It also helps that you only cut maybe 12 holes a year trout?????? :o

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Some Old Guy

Good info BigTrout.

Also proper shimming of your blades is a must. The auger should shave the ice not jam into it.

12 holes a year? I guess mine would last 4 years too! Ha Ha!

Roger

Thefishleclair

OK....Sorry for getting carried away......If you find you need to sharpen your blades on a regular basis I would suggest a good stone and some oil...I have shapened my blades on time to time....Ive sharpened the Jiffy ripper blades and the Swede Bore blades too..Ive used Files and stones...Stones are the best as you can get a real nice edge on em...You only need to work the one edge and not pay much attention to the other except to take of a Burr maybe...Dont be afraid to try....But watch your fingers if using a file..

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Guest BigTrout
Um...It also helps that you only cut maybe 12 holes a year trout?????? :o

Actually, it was 13 holes................. LOL

I am going out to coffin island today with my boys............ the same ones who will date your daughters!

Booooooom yaaaaaaaaaa

crisop

there is a guys card at D&R who sharpens blades and everything that is sharp. i brought mine there last yr, they are razor sharp and fly through the ice now

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF

Some Old Guy

Thanks Crisop. That's who I was going to mention.

Here's the contact to sharpen your auger blades. Please tell him you got the info here!

Gary Tanner

# 627-9910

# 577-9793

noon - 8pm

Guest BannedCore

Thanks for the info guys. BigtroutI have blades from 20 years ago. I pretty much only fish for brook trout and have drilled into the bottom, into logs, and even on top of rocks. As I am usually fishing close to shore and fairly shallow. I usually drill 100-200 holes a year.