• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bear

Jig Colour

Bear

Ok fishing people, I need some help. Tell me what is your favorite colour of jig? I am ordering paint this week and wonder what the most popular colours are and have you seen anything new and appealing out there.

I am bringing in some of the new "glow" colours to see how they work. There is a big demand for them in the Kenora area as of late. I accidentally invented a yellow chartreuse glow the other day, when I dumped a tray of glow paint into a gallon of yellow chartreuse. Cost me about $250.00 but I think it will look pretty cool. I am painting some of them this week.

Let me know what is hot and what you use and would like to see.

Thanks

Bear

Guest segabo

I like bright pink and blood red

Ok fishing people, I need some help. Tell me what is your favorite colour of jig? I am ordering paint this week and wonder what the most popular colours are and have you seen anything new and appealing out there.

I am bringing in some of the new "glow" colours to see how they work. There is a big demand for them in the Kenora area as of late. I accidentally invented a yellow chartreuse glow the other day, when I dumped a tray of glow paint into a gallon of yellow chartreuse. Cost me about $250.00 but I think it will look pretty cool. I am painting some of them this week.

Let me know what is hot and what you use and would like to see.

Thanks

Bear

Some Old Guy

Bear,

That would be a great colour! In tea stain water I like chartruese. I also like glow. I might have to get a few of those from you. Mix the batch really good!

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Domer

My favourite colour of jig is the Northlands Bubble Gum jig along with their fire tiger. The bubble gum jig consists of pink chartreuse and orange. This jig has outproduced every other jig I have ever tried. Dynamite if you ask me, won't even try anything else now.

Dom.

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

My favourite jig color would also be bright pink, blood red, and black and a dark green when i want to stay more natural. Also usually use white when going for lakers, whitefish, and at times other trout.

Brodie K

Bottom Bouncer

Jig Colour? Hmmm? ...Favorite colour = confidence... Confidence = you will fish it harder and longer which = more fish. Let's talk Walleye... My question would be deep down do you really think it matters? Seriously. So Bear what ever colour concoction you end up with it will be just fine because it really doesn't matter.

REELBAIT

Some Old Guy

*Favorite colour = confidence... Confidence = you will fish it harder and longer which = more fish*

You nailed it on the head Nisswa.

I think colour does play a part. It gets noticed quicker or makes your bait stand out from the rest of the crowd. But then I have fished lindy rigs next to a jig and they were about tied on the fish catching scale. And then there were days that a certain colour out performed another colour.

I also like black or white jigs in clear water.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

arvey

when it comes to wally's i'm a slip float fisherman,although next in line is lindy rigging.so jigging for me is something i don't do a lot of but i have found that those matsua white with the red eyes have worked pretty good and of coarse in the winter it's jigging and i tend to stick to white.

arvey

Trevor Zimak

I do not have a preference for colour when it comes to waldo's, however when fishing for the ultimate species, Bass (That's for you Nisswa) I believe more in shades or tones rather than specific colours. For example, the highly debated topic of black vs white. But then again you have to consider that you are usually using live bait for waldo's vs artificial for bass. Now ask yourself this. Are the fish really after the jig or are they more interested in what's on the end of the jig... the minnow, the leech, or the tantilizing worm dangling off you hook. Should stir up some more debate.

crisop

i've done good on some lakes with hunter orange, but stick with pink, chart. and white

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF

Bottom Bouncer

Exactly Zimmers...I don't care if you feed me a 12 oz fillet steak on a paper plate or on fine china or anything in between the bottom line is the steak is going down. Do you really think colour is going to dictate whether or not the Wally is going to bite a chunky piece of live bait. :D

REELBAIT

I think at times the colour of the jig is merely a way to help the fish see the bait, a worm in really murky water will be more enhanced with a bright coloured jig like pink or chartreuse, rather than a black jig. It has also been proven that the different colours do dissapear at different depths. I belive red is the first to dissapear and green is the last. It also just cool to have a funky coloured jig on the end of your line sometimes, and if it works, well even better.

Brodie K.

I've seen gold produce, but not for me. I'm surprised it took that many posts to have that color come up. I'd also like to throw plain lead out there. Alot of the time no paint works well for me.

Brodie K.

Abes

I've seen all to many times where the color of the jig has made a difference, and also allot of times where it didn't. Too many variables, light penetration, water clarity, depth and so on. Also a big factor is the mood of the fish, if there feeding aggressively then I would imagine color plays a much smaller role. And if they are on a all so familiar walleye bite (lite) then maybe certain colors just don't look enticing enough or don't look right. Whatever it may be I'm a firm believer that color can at times make a difference. Over the last couple yrs I've become a multi color jig fan.....