• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Some Old Guy

Important Please Read All Members!

Some Old Guy

Hi everyone.

First off I want to thank NickC and Bernie for their quick actions yesterday. This board was infiltrated by a Black Hat SEO program. Nick sent me a link to read up on this brutal program. What it does is basically hacks it's way into a message board and tries to ask for links to a site instead of posting the links directly to the board here.

For example,

Please help I need info on thunderbayfishing.com Can anyone help?

Then a well meaning member does the search for the request and posts the link in a reply.

This then helps the requested link gain popularity in a the search engines.

WE MUST NOT DO THIS! This program has already tried to do this!!! I deleted the message and I won't ban the name as this program can even hack into image captchas.

Right now JungleDirector is not a person but the actual program trying to solicite information. We must not give it anything. Please try to resist even opening a post asking for help with a link.

So far there is no removal for this program from the board. It WILL NOT AFFECT YOUR COMPUTER! This is on the server side.

So please be patient as I have no idea where this is coming from. I'll try to keep everyone updated.

Please alert the mods or myself to remove these posts as quickly as possible. In any case don't not even post a comment to the request as there ain't a real person to read it.

If you belong to any other message boards please inform this to them as this could get really fricken crazy if it is not renedered usless by passing the iformation of not responding to these posts. It'll render the program useless to potential buyers. So please get this information out there. This program could flood message boards to make them useless.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Guest Nick C

Roger there are two fake members, MambaLeyla and Jungle director, We need to get rid of them, i don't know if it will help. I think i have figured out something as well. It appears that every time it tries to make a post, it has to create a new account. it might be possible to change the registration system so that it can stop this robot. I will look and pm you if i find anything.

Nick C

Guest Nick C

Ok Roger, i will send you a pm on what I found. I won't post the answer on the board because the robots might be watching. This may not eliminate it completley, but it should help this board a lot if you can do it. Check your pm.

Nick C

Buck 120

Damn Bots I hate em!

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

Guest Nick C

All I am going to say is that this is no ordinary bot. It can basicaly bypass all the security systems and register its self as a member. DO NOT reply to any posts like the one Roger used as an example.

Nick C

Gone8to1248

Here you go! Meet your BOT complete with name ,address,and phone number!

person: Peteris Vainags

address: Mazcenu aleja 19, Marupe, Latvia

phone: +371 22131249

As we say down here, you can run but you can't hide!

gone8to1248

If you would like his personal email address I can give you that also.

NWO Fishing Bum

That's what I was thinking Terry....

NWO Fishing Bum

Guest Drew

Lol bernie!

hacker's can use programs that exchange they're regular IP for a new one in forign country.

Guest TerryK
Lol bernie!

hacker's can use programs that exchange they're regular IP for a new one in forign country.

Don't need to be a hacker, anyone can get an IP switcher. They have them that change the IP every 10 seconds but that wouldn't apply as this is a bot.

Guest Nick C

"Can you not apply a security box like the kind where you have to copy the letters?"

Terry, those are called Captchas and this robot can bypass those quite easily. I think asking simple addition questions like 2 + 3 might fool them more than a visual spam blocker would.

Nick C