• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
randomheroj

sunset lake, near dorion

randomheroj

can anyone tell me anything about this lake... please.. whats in it, i know specs and maybe lakers, but any info would help

Jayfishin

Stocked with Brook Trout Fry - 3000 in 2003 and 3000 in 2006

see the "MNR Stocked Trout"" booklet for more info on this lake and others.

You can pick it up in Thunder Bay at Cdn Tire, and DNR I think.

I have not tried this lake but have fished others around it. It hasn't had alot of stocking compared to others around the area but maybe it is a hidden gem? Not sure how to access the lake either (see booklet).

Jay

Fisherman08
can anyone tell me anything about this lake... please.. whats in it, i know specs and maybe lakers, but any info would help

If your talking about the lake that is on your left going in on Ouimet Canyon Road, I think you can access it off of Ouimet Road. There is a residence on it that is owned by an OPP officer. And there is also a camp ground just north of the residence driveway as well.

I don't know of anyone ever fishing it, and I think also most property around it is private property to access it, meaning permission is needed first.

Guest Trout Hawk
If your talking about the lake that is on your left going in on Ouimet Canyon Road, I think you can access it off of Ouimet Road. There is a residence on it that is owned by an OPP officer. And there is also a camp ground just north of the residence driveway as well.

I don't know of anyone ever fishing it, and I think also most property around it is private property to access it, meaning permission is needed first.

Lake is not hard to get to if you know the trail. You will need a sled though as it is a bit of a ride. Fishing was good but I know it was fished very hard the last two years and is probably a little fished out.