• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest FreshwaterFisherman

Hawkeye

Goin out to hawkeye either tomorrow or sunday with Bonesey, never fished the lake before, summer or winter. Wondering if anyone can give a few helpful hints or tips, what to use, depth to hit, points? bays? color? size of minnows if using them, aggressive jigging, slow jigging, just let it sit? anything that can help will be much appreciated.

Brodie K.

Guest crispy

There's lots of slush on hawkeye. Ice was about 10-12" 2 weeks ago. Depends on where you're going and what you want to catch. I fish hawkeye a lot in the summer and know the lake pretty good. Went out there for the first time in the winter about 2 weeks ago, didn't fish much as there was about 12" of slush and most of the time was spent getting the sled out of the slush. Good luck

Guest Nick C

The cold temps this past week might have helped to reduce the slush a little. Good luck.

Nick C

Yeah due to a lack of a sled all my ice fishing is done on foot, so i dont have to worry about getting stuck, hopefully the slush is all hardened up and i can walk alright. is the fishing alright close to shore? or should we focus more on the main lake