• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mnaiman

Little Trout

Guest mnaiman

Hey!

Has anyone been down to little trout lately? And if so... any luck? Any tips? I have only caught one ling out there, but have had luck in the late fall, and hear good things about the hard water season.

- Max

Guest Nick C

I have never fished it but i am planning to. It is supposed to be good all year round. The fishing should start to pick up more as we get closer to spring. The lakers will begin to move into shallower water and you might evem catch the odd salmon .

Nick C

Guest 247fishnhunt

I have fished little trout a couple of times this season with very little to show for it. First time out I was straight out from the boat launch about 500 yards, fished for 3 hours and caught a nice rainbow on a white tube. Didn't mark much on the vexilar though. Second time walked over to the cliff and pulled in 2 lakers and marked plenty of fish. Third time fished out from the boat ramp again and was skunked. As for tips I am still learning techniques for fishing Superior so hopefully some come up. What does everyone recommend when lakers are always following your lure up but never taking the bait??

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

I've not been out there personally but a few fellow fisher friends have and they have only reported slow fishing. I have heard that the lakers have been hitting better on jigging spoons than anything else, with the odd rainbow as well. But, who knows lol.

Guest Kevin Green
I have fished little trout a couple of times this season with very little to show for it. First time out I was straight out from the boat launch about 500 yards, fished for 3 hours and caught a nice rainbow on a white tube. Didn't mark much on the vexilar though. Second time walked over to the cliff and pulled in 2 lakers and marked plenty of fish. Third time fished out from the boat ramp again and was skunked. As for tips I am still learning techniques for fishing Superior so hopefully some come up. What does everyone recommend when lakers are always following your lure up but never taking the bait??

Change up the lure Tube, Jig/Minnow, Ciscoe, Jigging Spoons, Etc.

Find what their interested in. I find certain lakes different types of lures and colours work way better than others.

Guest Kevin Green
Where is Little Trout? I have never heard of it.

They are referring to Little Trout Bay which is located approx 60km's south of Thunder Bay on Hwy 61 towards the US Border. The road is marked with a sign.

It is part of Lake Superior.

NWO Fishing Bum

I don't think it's quite 60 kilometers. You can drive right to the water, so it's good access. About 1/2 hour from town depending on where you are.

Far more action it seems up at Silver Harbour, Caribou, Bay's End, etc. than down at LTB.

NWO Fishing Bum