• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest segabo

Walleye lures

Guest segabo

What are your favourite lures or jigs to use for walleye, and what technique do you use with them. Just curious.

Guest Matt M

I like using just a plain old 1/4 ounce jig and minnow. In the past year I have been using 1/4-1/2 ounce sweedish pimples tipped with a small chink of minnow. Seems to work.

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

In water under 10 feet deep a 1/8 oz. jig with a minnow or worm, if water is deeper than 10 feet, or lots of current ill move up to a 1/4 or 1 /2 oz. jig. In the spring it would be a rapala original floater. Little Cleos work well to when trolling.

Brodie K.

Guest Matt M
In water under 10 feet deep a 1/8 oz. jig with a minnow or worm, if water is deeper than 10 feet, or lots of current ill move up to a 1/4 or 1 /2 oz. jig. In the spring it would be a rapala original floater. Little Cleos work well to when trolling.

Brodie K.

Do you really catch walleye trolling Little Cleos? I have never heard of anybody succesfully catching walleye trolling spoons. Whenever I have trolled for them I have used deep diving crank baits like the Reef Runner or the Stretch 20. you need to use something that will go deep as walleye have a tendency to feed near the bottom. Although I have seen walleye move into shallow weedy bays during the summer and I have caught a few on shallow lures like spinner baits and rattle traps.

Bear

A HAL'S jig of course tipped with a minnow or leach. I also have been known to troll a crankbait for walleyes. I used to use spinners/trolling sinkers and spinners/bottom bouncers, but in my neck of the woods a jig is king.

Bear

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

I've trolled various spoons with decent success. Little cleos in the 3/4 oz. size in the two tone green and the blue and silver are my preference. Also have caught lots of pickerel using a 5 of diamonds. I will use a three way swivel with 3 feet between the weight and the swivel. I will use that if im trolling flats with not much structure, when the fish are feeding on baitfish in more open water. It's not a go to lure my anymeans but when it works, it really works in my experience.

Brodie K.

Some Old Guy

I like jigging, lindy rigging, shad raps, cleos, smithwick rogues, x-raps, rattle snakies, buckshots, mepps, bucktail jigs, bottom bouncing, taildancers in conjunction with a little joe, slip floats, basically anything that is producing!

Main thing I found is not to get hung up with one presentation. I have seen people hammer walleye one day in a spot, go back the next day and use the same presentation and think that the walleye have shut down or aren't there anymore. Meanwhile a simple switch up is all it takes.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!