• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Gone8to1248

The trip So Far!

Gone8to1248

What is with all this white stuff laying around? Doesn't anyone know it's suppose to be springtime out there? And what is with these temps? My window cleannigsoltion I carry in the truck for cleanning my windows was frozen solid yesterday mornning and had to takein and thaw it out! I will be glad to get back to the warm weather and green growing grass again next week!

Well anyway I have met up with a lot of the guy's and gals from the board here. Zimmer and Mike S. and a group of people popped into D&R thursday night and we all chatted til the store closed. Roger and I went over to the Fox and Hedge Hog for a drink, where we met Gauge and his lovely wife and we chatted for awhile there. Earlier in the evenning I met Nick C. (Rambo) and his mother and grandmother at there house. What a wonderful family they are. For those that have never met Nick you may want to put it on your list of things to do! For someone of 17 years he is very intelligent,and very mature, and very polite young man,if your ever meet his family you would understand why he is like that. It runs in his whole family!

Friday morrning my niece and I went out for breakfast and when we got to the resturant there was Gauge and his wife, they had tried to call me to meet them for breakfast but I had already left them motel. What are the chances of that happenning again! Especailly to arrive at the same time at the same resturant.

Later in the day I picked up Nick C. and we went bumming around til the sports show startted. We stopped at D&R and just as we got out of the truck none other than TBF's own GC54 pulled up along side of us. We chatted for awhile and offered George a few fishing tips for The AYA and the Fall Shebandowan Smallmouth Tournament so that he might be able to boat at least one SMALL fish during those contest! His biggest drawback is that he is fishing out of a LUND w/Mercury Power, everyone one knows that any self respecting fish wouldn't be caught in a LUND dead! :P Nick and I went for a ride out on Mission Island and saw the deer running around. Nice site to see. Then we went to the sports show and met up wit Terry K. at the NSSA booth were I renewed my membership for another 3 years. The thre of us walked around for awhile looking at all the displays and chatting with the people til about closing time and then we went and got something to eat and drink and sat around for awhile till we all head home for the night. Saturday morrning I will run some of my flies over to Peter at the Trout Pond for them to use. And Peter as Terry told you while you were fishing, "That is the closest you will ever come to catching a Rainbow Trout!" :unsure:

Well off for now, will report more later of my trip to the Frozen Tundra of Thunder Bay!

Bernie

Bear

Bernie

You have to buy windshield washer fluid for -40 in this part of the country. It only freezes when it hits your windshield at 60 MPH, in heavy traffic.

Sounds like your having a good time, glad you were able to help out GC54, he needs the tips.

Sorry I couldnt make it, I have been sick all week and am off to Winnipeg Monday morning to see more doctors.

Have fun, talk soon.

BB

Guest Nonus

I have been sick for the last couple days too, watch out Bernie she might hit you too.

It is the best when the washer fluid freezes up and you have to wait till spring to actually use them again, forgot I had warm weather fluid in there still.

BTW the pool was mentioned in todays paper but sadly no mention of Peter.

Guest RAMBO

Thank you for the kind words Bernie It was a pleasure spending time with you. Hope to see everyone out for wings on Monday at montanas!

RAMBO