• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
beercan

Boreal Road

beercan

THANKS TO THOSE THAT OFFERED ADVICE...I'LL UPDATE ON THE PROGRESS AT THE END OF THE SUMMER...MUCH APPRECIATED

Does anyone have any advice on where to pickeral fish up the boreal road? Just bought a camp up there... Hard to get to is no problem...there will be a prize at the end of the summer for the person who directs me to the best 'secret' lake! thanks

Some Old Guy

Do you have a sled?

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

tracker

Are you asking about winter or summer fishing?

Where abouts did you buy a camp?

Tracker

Team NOSA Homepage

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

<')(((((>{

Guest YQT

Directs you to a secret lake huh?

:rolleyes: Guess it wouldn't be a secret then, would it? :rolleyes:

Don't forget, Person "A" tells you, then you tell "B", "B" tells "C", "D" , "E" and "F".... and so on.

You also forgot to ask about that secret spot too.

As for the prize, I can afford me own case of beer, thanks!

City slickers, gotta love 'em.

beercan
Are you asking about winter or summer fishing?

Where abouts did you buy a camp?

Weikwabinonaw...which is OK to fish in but I'm looking for other lakes I could do a day trip into and have a little adventure...a portage or two would be fun but not long ones as I usually take my 13 old son with me (and I'm a girl). I have a quad, 12ft boat, gps and motor that I can carry. I've been fishing various lakes, mostly up graham, globe, empire, metionga, sparkling, weaver etc. for the past 5 years (usually about 8 - 10 weekends a summer) so I'm not really familiar with up the Boreal. I guess that makes me a 'city-slicker'.

I've already done Batwing and Marks so any other lakes will be great. Any help would be appreciated.

Guest segabo

Sounds like marriage material! I'm single.

P.S. send picture of boat.

Thanks!

Weikwabinonaw...which is OK to fish in but I'm looking for other lakes I could do a day trip into and have a little adventure...a portage or two would be fun but not long ones as I usually take my 13 old son with me (and I'm a girl). I have a quad, 12ft boat, gps and motor that I can carry. I've been fishing various lakes, mostly up graham, globe, empire, metionga, sparkling, weaver etc. for the past 5 years (usually about 8 - 10 weekends a summer) so I'm not really familiar with up the Boreal. I guess that makes me a 'city-slicker'.

I've already done Batwing and Marks so any other lakes will be great. Any help would be appreciated.

tracker

Jacobs, Swallow, Hoof, are all easy accessable. Chambers is a little work to get into as is Flower Lake. The top end of the Matawin river is also accessable.

Tracker

Team NOSA Homepage

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

<')(((((>{

Guest bestbait

Jacobs is one of your best bets but I'm not telling which lake in the chain that's the best. You'll have to figure that one out for yourself. Another good lake is Nelson. It's hit or miss but the pics are usually no smaller than 24". If you're looking for big fish go there. If you're looking for quanity then batwing an hour before dark. Another hint the lakes with the worst roads in usually are the best.

sinker7

Kamika - portage off Weik. has lake trout and big pike.

Flatrock - just up the road from Amberlite has bass, walleye and pike.

Chuck

Mowe and Plummes have good populations of walleys pike bass and lakers

Bemar , Bitchu and Smallie are great for bass and walleyes Ross lake has some great Bass walleyes and trout .Sagnagons which is in the park no motors allowed has some monster bass and walleyes and some super camping spots If you go to any of these spots say for the May long weekend

"BEWARE" not for Bears but for something Nastier "WOODTICKS" the area is loaded with em

Freaked me out the first time I encountered them Had my buddie by the neck I told him there are spots on my body I can"t see and yer gonna look His reply, as long as you look for me

Have fun on your adventures :unsure: Chuck

Git "er done

Some Old Guy

I had a lot of fun in Flatrock. A little bit of a haul to get in though but was always worth it.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Guest Freud

Ok I'll bite (no pun intended:)

If I were you, I'd get to know Swallow and Hoof. They're a short drive apart and both can be fished in one day if one's not producing, the other might. But BEWARE the reef's on both lakes. Like I said get to know them...the reef's can be your best friends when fishing in a light wind.

:D

Freud