• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TArmstrong

Koodo mobile

TArmstrong

I heard about a new cell carrier, Koodo mobile, they have cheap plans, just looking to get a phone that covers a wider area than my rogers one does, so was thinking about getting one of these. anybody used it?

wondering what the service/coverage is like in the area?

www.tomarmstrongoutdoors.com

Guest Tracker Pro V

KooDoo is great because it is a division of Telus and it uses Tbay tel's towers..... so you get the same service as tbaytel but there is NO contract and NO annual fee.

Garbie
What is wrong with Tbaytel? They cover all of northwestern and northern ontario.

Whats wrong with them? Are you kidding? Whats right with them? You obviously are not a Tbaytel user. Sure they have decent coverage, but thats where it all ends.

Guest Patch

I've been with Koodo for the last couple months, so far so good. Good coverage, no BS annual system access fee, easy to use website...

Guest TerryK

Rumor has it, TBaytel is getting out of the mobile business. Telus guys have been working on TBaytel's lines and towers for over a year now.

TArmstrong

thanks guys, yeah, tbaytel has the fees, and doesnt have the plans that rogers or this koodo offer either, also i've had some terrible dealings with them over the years. they do have the coverage that rogers doesnt though, but now koodo does as well!

patch, how do you find coverage in the outlying areas, like when out hunting/fishing?

thanks all.

Tom

www.tomarmstrongoutdoors.com

Thefishleclair

I made it to Grahm road and was still calling home and I was going 3 bars at Squeers....Old mans place is dead as a do do though

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Guest Nonus

The snow and lack of leaves helps with signal strength though. Where I go out shooting I get 0 bars (on Tbaytel) during the summer, during the winter with snow I get about 50% signal strength.

Guest Patch

Tom, So far the coverage has been good, if Tbaytel worked there, so has Koodo. I haven't been up the Graham yet to test it out there, gotta wait for the snow to melt.