• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest fishermedic

Post pics of your outfit here!!

Phil
Hey Phil

Never owned one but guided out of one for about a month. Decent boats for their price. The aluminum was thin on the boat I used that would by my only concern but that was a few years ago. Check the current aluminum thickness and compare to say a lund or crestliner. The boat I used was a 17 ft with a 115 merc, did about 52 mph. Was not the best handling, bounced in rough water and road pretty hard much like a Sylvain. They are light boats. If you are not going to work it hard they are a decent choice at a reasonableprice.

Hey Monks, Thanks for the reply. The Legends I was looking at have .100 gauge aluminium welded hull which has leakproof for life warranty. I have been shopping around pretty hard and the Legend is the most economical choice with lots of options. I seen many beautiful boats of all brands but Legend will be nicer to my wallet. I know they say you get what you pay for but these boats still seem pretty nice, outfitted with a mercury outboard.

Bill Arnott
Hey Monks, Thanks for the reply. The Legends I was looking at have .100 gauge aluminium welded hull which has leakproof for life warranty. I have been shopping around pretty hard and the Legend is the most economical choice with lots of options. I seen many beautiful boats of all brands but Legend will be nicer to my wallet. I know they say you get what you pay for but these boats still seem pretty nice, outfitted with a mercury outboard.

Just be sure your savings don't come at the expense of power. Some packages tend to cut HP in order to meet a price point. It's always a good idea to max out the HP for the rating on the boat.

>Bill

CRESTINER BOATS SMITHS RV BRENNEN FORD THUNDERBAYFISHING.COM

Guest fishermedic

Hey Phil, what kind of boat are you looking for?

We just brought our Legend home yesterday and her sea trials are today. I'll have some pics later tonight or tomorrow. I was shopping and comparing for about a year before pulling the trigger on the Legend. I was looking for a boat to play with the kids in (we have 4 and one on the way) and to fish in. Eventually it came down to 1. Tracker Targa, 2. Crestliner Superhawk and 3. the Legend Xcalibur and this was the order I thought they would be in once I had looked at them in person. I looked at all three at the Outdoor Show and the Legend jumped well ahead of the other two for it's fit and finnish. Price wise it came out only slightly ahead of the other two. As for the ride and handling, I can't comment yet because the only Legend I've been in is a utility but looking at the size and weight of the boat I expect it to be more than acceptable. I'll let you know.

Bryan

Bottom Bouncer

We just brought our Legend home yesterday and her sea trials are today. I'll have some pics later tonight or tomorrow. I was shopping and comparing for about a year before pulling the trigger on the Legend. I was looking for a boat to play with the kids in (we have 4 and one on the way) and to fish in. Eventually it came down to 1. Tracker Targa, 2. Crestliner Superhawk and 3. the Legend Xcalibur and this was the order I thought they would be in once I had looked at them in person. I looked at all three at the Outdoor Show and the Legend jumped well ahead of the other two for it's fit and finnish. Price wise it came out only slightly ahead of the other two. As for the ride and handling, I can't comment yet because the only Legend I've been in is a utility but looking at the size and weight of the boat I expect it to be more than acceptable. I'll let you know.

Bryan

Make sure you post some Pics. :)

REELBAIT

Phil

Bryan

I am looking at the XGS which is a 16ft side console with a 50 two stroke. lots of room and little extras that other companies would not throw in. I think it is basically the same as the Xcalibur without the full windsheild and top, assuming you got a 16ft. The boat itself weighs like 850lbs so I think a 50hp will be ok.

Trevor Zimak

What's her top speed?? :)

Bear

I thought I saw Zimmer wearing that under the big tent in Kenora last summer.......wasnt that colour though.

Bear

NWO
I thought I saw Zimmer wearing that under the big tent in Kenora last summer.......wasnt that colour though.

Bear

No, he was wearing something more like this....with the camo/olive hue. Looks scrumptious on him.

RCO-9530_d.jpg

Bear

Yes you are right, it was exactly that colour, so manly......

BB

Guest fishermedic
I am looking at the XGS which is a 16ft side console with a 50 two stroke. lots of room and little extras that other companies would not throw in. I think it is basically the same as the Xcalibur without the full windsheild and top, assuming you got a 16ft. The boat itself weighs like 850lbs so I think a 50hp will be ok.

The XGS is a nice boat. Horsepower is definitely the thing to watch with Legend, everything has a great price on it but everything also needs a bigger motor. I found that with the options and power I wanted the prices started to get close.

Guest fishermedic

So today was the maiden voyage, the shake down cruise, the beginning of sea trials! :)

First here's the boat.

It's a 2009 Legend 19 Xcalibur.

DSC04029.jpg

On the back a 150 Optimax. :D

DSC04038.jpg

On the front an 80# Terrova with Autopilot and Universal Sonar.

DSC04039.jpg

It also has a Minn Kota DC alternator and Minn Kota AC charger.

Dual captians chairs and two more swivel seats. A rear bench seat and bow seats as well.

With the bow cushions out and the rear bench folded forward I have two nice casting decks and a livewell at each end.

In-floor rod storage is a nice touch as well. B)

So as with all sea trials it wasn't without its hiccups. I was so excited to get to the water the life jackets stayed in the basement and the truck keys stayed in the house as I locked the backdoor and then swore! :angry2: So after a delay to break into the house and retrieve the keys and PFD's we were on our way. We stopped for fuel which I made sure to spill when the tank was full :mellow: and then off to the launch.

We actually did make it to the launch DSC04027.jpg

Putting the boat in when smooth and things worked great... all except the sonar. I can't get a bottom reading from it. I checked the connections, I played with the setings, I move the transducer around. I got a depth reading by the end of it but it was inconsistent and I still didn't have a bottom echo on the screen. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, I'm going to give the transducer a cleaning to make sure there is no grease on it but beyuond that I have no ideas.

The boat rides great. It comes up on plane in about 3 seconds and cruises at 3200 rpm in the high 20's. I still need some seat time to get used to the handling of the big boat and how to get the most out of trimming the engine but she handles great and top speed will be just shy of 50. The only waves I could find were the ones I made myself and she cut through them like a deep V should. I'm a very happy camper!! :D

One more pic, here's my second mate in training. :)

DSC04032.jpg

Now it's back to work tomorrow :( but my May long is a four day weekend this year!!! :D

Bottom Bouncer

Well Fishermedic I think you have all the bases covered with that rig. Very Nice. Maybe you and your partner can wave to me as you go by. :D

REELBAIT

Phil

WOW nice boat and HUGE! Congrats, that makes the XGS look like a dingy. :D

Guest fishermedic

Thanks Phil, really happy with it so far!

Nisswa, like I've said before for the GWC I'm only going as fast as I need to to watch where the real fishermen go.... ;)

Trevor Zimak
Well Fishermedic I think you have all the bases covered with that rig. Very Nice. Maybe you and your partner can wave to me as you go by. :D

Or we can wave to them :)

Guest fishermedic
Or we can wave to them :)

It's a WALLEYE tournament.... No bass boats allowed!!! :lol:

Bill Arnott

Very nice rig medic. I'm jealous - mines coming out tomorrow!

Your outfit is nice too NWO :rolleyes:

>Bill

CRESTINER BOATS SMITHS RV BRENNEN FORD THUNDERBAYFISHING.COM

NWO
Very nice rig medic. I'm jealous - mines coming out tomorrow!

Your outfit is nice too NWO :rolleyes:

>Bill

Hey, Senior....it's aerodynamic. Don't knock the one-piece fishing outfit until you try it.

Some Old Guy

YEah I saw Zimmer in this outfit too........

RCO-9530_d.jpg

But the sad thing is, Zimmer thinks it's appropriate not to wear clothes under it! That's how he keeps others away from where he fishes.........

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Trevor Zimak

The white flag is up.... can we pick on GC now.

Guest Dano67
Anybody here own a Legend boat? Would like to know any pros and cons from any owners or people who have used them.

I've had a 16.5 Legend with a 90 two smoke on the back for the last four years and I love it. Full windshield, stand up top with side windows for those rainy days, 9.9 kicker on the back, Minn Kota 55 lb on the front, it's all I need. I did take out the fold down seat in the back and just left the casting platform because I wanted more room. I agree with previous comments - the standard size motors in the packages are too small- you need to upgrade in power. Looking back now I should have went right up to a 115 but what I've got is ok. It'll go about 45 mph with two people in it at full speed and cruises easily at 30 mph. It's small enough to get into the backwoods lakes that I usually go to with the semi usable boat launches but big enough to go out on the big lake with the two Scotty riggers. I'll add some pictures in a couple days when I get home from work.

Dan

Phil

45 mph is pretty fast. I dont really need to go that fast, but it would be nice I guess. Sounds like you got a nice boat, I have decided to go with the Legend aswell. Why not go with the canadian company and a good deal. The people at Norms were very helpful, honest and informative. The boat should be here in a couple weeks and I will post pictures. Oh ya if anyone is looking for a boat I have the older Lund in the buy and sell and am negotiable. Thanks :D

FishOrDie
YEah I saw Zimmer in this outfit too........

RCO-9530_d.jpg

But the sad thing is, Zimmer thinks it's appropriate not to wear clothes under it! That's how he keeps others away from where he fishes.........

Roger

my aunt needs one of these for working in the garden, do you know where this picture is from and where a good place is to pick them up online.

Thanks