• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
randomheroj

which winch?

randomheroj

im looking for a good winch for my quad.. anyone got one or any ideas which on i should buy?

Resource Pimp

Spend the extra money on a WARN winch from the dealer...........I have been through 2 aftermarket winches in 7 years....one was a SUPERWINCH, don't remember the other brand.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

Guest bestbait

If you're going to be using your winch lots and for long periods of time then buy a Warn 2000 lb winch. I have bought a few of the canadian tire specials and tho they work not bad (slow) paying a lil extra for a good winch will repay itself with knowing when you're in a jam and you need your winch to work it won't let you down. It's also a good idea to buy a tree strap and snatch block for those times when you thought you could make it!

Kayaker

Had warn winchs on both my bikes from the dealer. Would not go back to warn for a winch on my bikes (built to fail in water) I believe an on going problem that warn has yet to deal with. Bought copies of warn #3000 (RUNVA) power in and out with brake and remote operator. Also purchased #9500 aftermarket happy with all. All this for less than the price of one #2000 warn. If you want a warn winch I will sell mine for $100 needs brush end.

Monks
Had warn winchs on both my bikes from the dealer. Would not go back to warn for a winch on my bikes (built to fail in water) I believe an on going problem that warn has yet to deal with. Bought copies of warn #3000 (RUNVA) power in and out with brake and remote operator. Also purchased #9500 aftermarket happy with all. All this for less than the price of one #2000 warn. If you want a warn winch I will sell mine for $100 needs brush end.

Perhaps some bad winches by Kayaker not sure, but my WARN has been solid for 5 years. I used it all winter and summer on my quad when it was used in the bush for my forestry business steady, and we buried the quad daily. Still using the same winch all winter for plowing snow and it has never failed. My only problem with it is that it is too powerful, keeps snapping cables.

I bury it every year deer hunting in Novembre as well, keeps on going.

Mine is mounted on a Yamaha and I am 100% satisfied.

Good Luck, reviews are often more confusing than the purchase.