• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest nanart

Where to fish from shore?

Guest nanart

Hi, does anyone know of some good fishing spots around thunder bay, I dont own a boat so preferably somewhere with good fishing from the shore. I thought I might try the Kam river but im not sure where the good fishing spots are along it, does anyone know of some good spots near Kakabeka or anywhere else within an hour or 2 from thunder bay.

Thanks for the help

Anybody..... Any ideas

AB
Hi, does anyone know of some good fishing spots around thunder bay, I dont own a boat so preferably somewhere with good fishing from the shore. I thought I might try the Kam river but im not sure where the good fishing spots are along it, does anyone know of some good spots near Kakabeka or anywhere else within an hour or 2 from thunder bay.

Thanks for the help

Anybody..... Any ideas

Downstream of the hydro station in kakabeka can be decent for small walleyes and bass in the early morning and late evening.

Watch for changing water levels.

iceman

Guest nanart
Downstream of the hydro station in kakabeka can be decent for small walleyes and bass in the early morning and late evening.

Watch for changing water levels.

iceman

Is there public access downstream of the hydro station

Guest corby

Im not sure if there is public access to the Kam river just below the hydro dam anymore. I haven't been there in a few years but I heard people still go. Hydro isn't to fond of people going because of liability issues. The use to have no tresspassing signs from what I can recall. A decent spot to fish from shore is little dog. There is a hydro dam there as well. Watch the water levels. Apparently the change quickly.

Guest TerryK

Hazelwood Lake, Cloud Lake, Lake Superior, Kam River, etc etc. Many places close by that have excellent fishing. A little footwork and some patience is all that's needed.

NWO Fishing Bum

nanart,

Just scroll through the forum pages....there are numerous threads on the same topic, some active only hours or days ago.

Such as:

http://fishingboard.thunderbayfishing.com/...?showtopic=5589

or

http://fishingboard.thunderbayfishing.com/...?showtopic=5621

And tons more in the archives...do a search with terms like "shore fishing" and "thunder bay" and you'll find plenty of info.

NWO Fishing Bum

Guest Smack Um

I would try the Kab,Kopka or Gull River up the spruce river road for walleye and if you have the time the Little Jackfish River past Armstrong for much better fishing though. There are also some good speck creeks around Lil Jackfish like Lee and Tosset to make it a more interesting trip.

Check on road conditions though before venturing out on bushroads with the M.N.R. The Lil Jackfish River is about 40km past Armstrong a side road about a mile before the bridge leads to a parking area. From the parking area a trail leads down a canyon with about half a dozzen rapids and pools to choose from.

I would stay on the main road and check the condition of it first by getting out and walking it when it rains it can become a trap. Also check the regs on this area before heading out!

Cheers,

Patrick Bisson

Croat

Brule creek Brook trout

Hazelwood lake perch walleye

Mcintyre rainbow trout

Marina big pike

Kam river near original fort location carp sturgeon

end of john st road bass

Guest I give Walleye sore mouths
Brule creek Brook trout

Mcintyre rainbow trout

Marina big pike

end of john st road bass

You can catch bass at the end of John street? Where abouts exactly?

Guest TerryK
You can catch bass at the end of John street? Where abouts exactly?

Drive to the end of John St., get out of your car and keep walking from where the road runs out.

Guest I give Walleye sore mouths
Drive to the end of John St., get out of your car and keep walking from where the road runs out.

just looked it up on google maps, never knew thats how you get to the other side of Hume road rock spot!

shmanks
Brule creek Brook trout

Mcintyre rainbow trout

Marina big pike

end of john st road bass

where is brule creek? ive been looking for some places for brookies to fish offshore :)

Guest TerryK
How long from Agostino's is the drive to the end of John st. Rd. ?

15 minutes maybe.

Guest TerryK
where is brule creek? ive been looking for some places for brookies to fish offshore :)

Grab an MNR stocking list. Hundreds of lakes arew stocked with brook trout in our area, many are very accessible to shore fishing, you just have to do a bit of research. There's also the Backroads map book that gives detailed instructions. D&R Sporting Goods has them.

Guest TerryK

Keep in mind that lake sturgeon are now protected and you cannot target them.