• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GC 54

You Should Have Been There

GC 54

Day 1 at the Current River Park, what a successful day.

post-6-1244331432_thumb.jpg

We will be back at it tomorrow morning, Sunday, June 7th, show up at 9:00 am and we will have something for you to do.

Again, sincere thanks to all of those hard working individuals that were on hand today. Very much appreciated!

'Clark Park' is truly becoming a reality! Dreams don't die!

George Clark of TEAM CLARK

FIELD STAFF FOR TEAM SHIMANO PRO STAFF FOR D & R SPORTING GOODS PRO STAFF FOR LUND BOATS
Proudly Supported By: G.LOOMIS JACKALL POWER PRO NORTH COUNTRY CYCLE & SPORTS Treasurer of: Thunder Bay BASSmasters

Guest TerryK

Beat me to it George! lol

What a day! I can't even to begin to describe how damned PROUD I am to be a part of this community and this club. These volunteers worked sooo hard and did such a fine job I'm almost speechless. They cut shrubs, undergrowth and trees, picked up garbage, rotten logs, old tires, fencing, steel, concrete, and rocks and piled everything in laydown areas to be chipped or picked up for the trash. They did it all willingly, tirelessly and without complaint. To every single one of you who showed up, thank you from the bottom of my heart! You should be proud of yourselves and this community!

For those of you scheduled for Sunday, see you a 9am sharp for more!!

Terry Kosolowski

VP,

North Shore Steelhead Assn.

GC 54

Day two is now complete. A big thank you goes to the volunteers who come out today. Great job, well done, and very much appreciated!

The city will have to come in now and remove the brush piles. Large trees will be planted within the next week or two, large boulders will be put in place to prevent vehicle traffic entering.

Some fill and topsoil will need to be brought in, grass seed will be spread, then let it rain every night for the following couple of weeks. The trail system will require more fill and then some kind of top put on it.

I encourage everyone to take a drive down to the mouth of the Current River, get out of your vehicle and take a walk towards the river, just see how lovely of a sight it is.

Again, thanks to everyone who made this happen.

George Clark of TEAM CLARK

FIELD STAFF FOR TEAM SHIMANO PRO STAFF FOR D & R SPORTING GOODS PRO STAFF FOR LUND BOATS
Proudly Supported By: G.LOOMIS JACKALL POWER PRO NORTH COUNTRY CYCLE & SPORTS Treasurer of: Thunder Bay BASSmasters