• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Beamer

Bears

tracker

Went to camp up the Boreal Rd yesterday and counted 6 bears on the way in. Was out in the yard and heard my dog growling. Went to check and she was nose to nose with a mother bear. They were having a spitting match. Bear left before I got to enforce the tresspassing act.

Tracker

Team NOSA Homepage

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

<')(((((>{

Guest Wes

I am in the process of devising a plan to relocate about 50 black bears to Queens Park.

I haven't got all the details sorted out yet. But I bet I will be breaking at least 20 different laws, and I bet 20 more new bills will get passed within hours. Then I bet the spring hunt will be re-instated.

I will hang a sign around the neck of each bear reading...

"I came here because I have no home, my home is occupied by another friggen bear. Will you take care of me?"

So I need some Robin's Doughnuts, a few live bear traps, a cattle truck, and a few brave souls... Any volunteers? Or better yet, any lawyers want to don't a bunch of time to spring me from the klink?

Guest Nonus

Hmm some bear wrangling do you provide an unlimited supply of 12 gauge slugs if so I am in.

Take that stupid Southern Ontario!

Guest Wes

no slugs, the idea is to have live bear running around on the lawn and tipping over the trash cans when they show up to work in the AM. Let the police in Ottawa shoot them while the media stands by. See what the tree huggers think of that.

Guest Nonus

But what if the bears gang up on us, what then Wes, WHAT THEN!?

Will you starve, taunt and sing off key to them to really get them angry?

EDIT: I just remembered that the Toronto city workers are on strike too, garbage everywhere :P

Guest TerryK

Great idea Wes, but I think a better one would be to raise bear awareness across the province. How do we do this you ask?? We train two bears and have Peter and Nick ride them to Ottawa with stops in various cities and towns where they can speak to the general public about the need to bring back the hunt.

Time consuming, but effective.

Guest Nonus

You are forgetting that Northwestern Ontario isn't really part of the province so we have no say. Therefore your plan is useless but very comical and should proceed immediately.

Or propose that the oils from the bear fat make more gasoline than old dead things and then there will not be a bear in site.

OR! this is a big or, shoot a bunch of bears and say that you prevented a zombie bear apocalypse and then run around town naked with a tin foil hat claiming that the Borg tried to assimilate you into their collective.

Guest Little Joe
I am in the process of devising a plan to relocate about 50 black bears to Queens Park.

I haven't got all the details sorted out yet. But I bet I will be breaking at least 20 different laws, and I bet 20 more new bills will get passed within hours. Then I bet the spring hunt will be re-instated.

I will hang a sign around the neck of each bear reading...

"I came here because I have no home, my home is occupied by another friggen bear. Will you take care of me?"

So I need some Robin's Doughnuts, a few live bear traps, a cattle truck, and a few brave souls... Any volunteers? Or better yet, any lawyers want to don't a bunch of time to spring me from the klink?

Hey i live in Northwood and they Trap Bears in my backyard almost every year. You can just hook up to bear trap and drive it over to city hall. Leave it for Peterson and the city council.

Guest Nonus
Hey i live in Northwood and they Trap Bears in my backyard almost every year. You can just hook up to bear trap and drive it over to city hall. Leave it for Peterson and the city council.

So do I, usually a couple bears in the area, was hunting one giant mofo bear down with an MNR guy a couple years ago.

So many bears here yet you never see a single deer.

TArmstrong

the two blue tags dont necessarily mean it was tagged twice, likely just once, they use two in case one comes out, better odds of atleast one staying in.

different colours signify different years.

I just got off work (4am) and was having a cold one on my deck and guess what decides to join me.......yup, a black bear. I stood up to take a look at the "skunk" that was coming up the steps.....whoa man! It was so cute with its 2 blue ear tags. Wanna come inside for a beer and a hotdog Mr. bear? What does the blue tags mean? I'm a pain in your rear end I'd bet. :lol:

www.tomarmstrongoutdoors.com

Guest TerryK
the two blue tags dont necessarily mean it was tagged twice, likely just once, they use two in case one comes out, better odds of atleast one staying in.

different colours signify different years.

Tommy: call me!

Guest Nonus

Well, stupid bear woke me up at 3 last night, I blame it for my craptactular sleep.

Knocked down the garbage can, took a bag and carried to the back of the yard and then came back for another. I was making noises at it and I guess it got annoyed and left.

Guest Little Joe
Well, stupid bear woke me up at 3 last night, I blame it for my craptactular sleep.

Knocked down the garbage can, took a bag and carried to the back of the yard and then came back for another. I was making noises at it and I guess it got annoyed and left.

Hey Nonus,

You said in a past post you live in the northwood area is this where you came into contact with this guy, I have some small kids and greeen space in my back yard, so just wondering if they are hanging around again,

Thanks

Guest TerryK

Nice big one made off with my neighbors garbage can last night, with said neighbor in hot pursuit! lol (I live in Current River)

Guest Nonus

Well they are back, just had one knock over the garbage cans last night at 3:30 waking me up. It also peed all over the driveway too.

Buck 120

No, I think that was Roger after too many Brava's!!! :lol:

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

Guest Nonus

Well if it was then he is one hell of a hairy beast and walks on all four.

Had my cellphone waiting for the security light to come on to take a picture, stupid light never came on.

Guest Freud

Hey there Beamer...good picture! I never thought a bear could handle that water.

We were up around Black Sturgeon for the opener of bird season with our two new puppies..a pair of Rotti's (7 months). We were walking down the raod when they started going crazy. Not 40 feet ahead of us was a med sized black bear in the middle of the road. Luckily I called them off (stupid dogs *L*) and let off a round or two. The bear sce-daddled and we walked on.

G