• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Snotrocket

Sighting in Gun?

Snotrocket

Just wondering if there is a gun range that does this or maybe GMK? I usually just go up the Armstrong highway in 1 of the pits.

Guest Nonus

GMK indoor range is not rated for centre fire rifles, also their ranges are like 25 yards or so.

I am certain that the MNR puts on a rifle sight in at the Nolalu range near Stanley once a year, I am not certain at the date though.

Nothing wrong with going to the pit to sight in though, make sure it is for a known range though so you can trust the sightin for that distance.

Monks
Just wondering if there is a gun range that does this or maybe GMK? I usually just go up the Armstrong highway in 1 of the pits.

I tend to hit a pit myself. Confirm the ol rifle is still on off a rest and then shoot a few while standing. I have not shot many moose laying on the ground on a perfect rest in the wide open. I say practice how you will actually be hunting.

Guest Ityflies

Just remember to clean up your mess. (NOT THAT ANYONE WOULD HAVE TO REMIND YOU GUYS)

What is really sad. is that I always leave with more that I came with.

Most of the time i'll bring in a fridge or stove, and I have even brought in a swimming pool never mind the tv's, computer parts, boxes of shot gun shells, glass etc.

"If we keep it clean they are still gonna let us use it!"

Keep leaving your garbage behind, and they are bound to take it away.

Snotrocket

Do you guys usually bring a shooting table, or just go prone?

Guest Nonus

If you have one then bring it or shoot off your vehicle or prone or seated.

The most stable platform will yield the best results.

Thefishleclair

I was told shooting off yer vehical was a bad thing to do...Co was checkin up on us in Shab and reminded that it was NOT ALLOWED...Then he left us alone and I was scratchin my head?????? Should ask the MNR on the board if this is true or not??

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Guest Nonus

You cannot shoot out of your vehicle but what is so bad from shooting off your hood? How is it any different than shooting off a table?

Keep in mind most law enforcers make up rules on the spot cause they don't know the official laws.

Buck 120

As long as you are not shooting off of your hood while hunting.

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

Guest Nonus
As long as you are not shooting off of your hood while hunting.

Well then technically you will be hunting from a road which is a no no.

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

shooting off hood is a bad idea

my 7 mag muzzle blast blew the wind deflector off the hood of my brothers suv one year, with muzzle not pointed near it. funny as hell when he yelled "you shot my f$%^ng truck"

and prior to that i burnt a streak in the paint of my truck from burnt powder exiting barrel.

I now use a caldwell lead sled from a table to sight in and shoot a few hundred rounds a year.

zero recoil with that rest and no body repairs for vehicles.

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Guest Nonus

Give me the gun and I will sight it in at 25, 50, 80 or 100 yards whatever you choose next time I go to the range.

tracker

GMK and the MNR usually host a rifle sight in at the Nolalu range right after the Moose Seminer on Sept 16. Haven't got the particulars yet.

Tracker

Team NOSA Homepage

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

<')(((((>{

Snotrocket
Give me the gun and I will sight it in at 25, 50, 80 or 100 yards whatever you choose next time I go to the range.

I didn't say I couldn't sight it in just curioius what you guys did.

Guest Nonus

Ah

Always sight in for the range you plan on shooting at. Also consult the ballistic data for your rounds and verify it with actual shooting. That way you can easily adjust for shorter (don't really need an adjustment for that) and longer ranges. However if you are asking for minute of deer accuracy then sight in at 100 yards and shorter and a bit farther will be pretty close.