• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Paddle2DaC

predator hunting

Guest Paddle2DaC

Hey everyone!

Im a geenhorn when it comes to hunting. My family never hunted and therefore im learning by myself.

Ive done a fair amount of partridge and rabbit hunting but now want to up the auntie. This winter I want to start predator hunting but I know nothing about it. Ive done internet research but I learn best by doing. I was wondering if there is anyone out there that predator hunts and would like to take me under their wing?

It would be awesome if someone want to help me with this amazing sport that we all love. Thanks!

Guest Nonus

Apparently there are a lot of wolves this year. Friend said he was hunting up 527 and came across a pack of them. I don't think that type of hunting is very popular up here.

Ask Fishleclair that guy blows away anything that moves and has fur on it :D

Thefishleclair

Wolf and Coyote is open now, Need to buy yerself a tag though, Fox is open under yer small game and pelts should be gettin nice..I have a .17 HMR to try an bag a few of these critters. I have not gone Specifically for these fellas but could very easily be tempted..I have calls, Placees and private lands to hunt. A very large supply of scraps once the hunting season starts.

My cousin has a pack of yotes and some wolves hanging around his property and He has asked that I take care of them this fall/ winter...I may be able to round up a hunt or 2 out that way..

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Guest Paddle2DaC

That would be amazing if I could join you. I have a .223 so im ready to learn. Just mesage me if you want to get together sometime to organise something!

Thanks

mmgg

Coyote are mostly night hunters, and around thunder bay you may find some dogs in your sights.

It's best to go to to where the moose and deer are,wolves are usually not too far off. and walk ,do some partridge hunting while using a preditor call.

( during moose season is probably not the best time)

To experience wolves just go hunting and pitch a tent in moose country and wait;; you will see eyes; reflecting the

light of your fire all around you.

Hopefully you plan on skinning your kills ;or if you check ahead of time with a trapper he may accept a kill.

Have a good one.

Have fun.

Buck 120

That is a comforting thought mmgg. Now I am sure I will really sleep more comfortably when I pitch that tent while moose hunting next month!! LOL!!

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!