• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Some Old Guy

Reel preference

Some Old Guy

T'was mine that speel pfeuger rong.

Huked on foniks werkd fer my!

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

NWO
The word is spelled "PFLUEGER" I'm disappointed Zimmers considering your a school teacher. :wacko: Anyway I have 4 Pflueger reels and they are great. :lol:

Larry, you should have said "you're a school teacher", the conjunction of the words "you are" instead of "your".

There's your ruler slap on the hand for the day.

Resource Pimp
Use braided line. Never a line twist.

I am not a fan of braided line on a spinning reel, I tried it and don't like it. It never seems to spool properly in normal use. Seems the wetter it gets, the looser it spools, then when you set the hook on a hit, it tightens like a noose on the spool, then you got a real mess.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

NWO
I am not a fan of braided line on a spinning reel, I tried it and don't like it. It never seems to spool properly in normal use. Seems the wetter it gets, the looser it spools, then when you set the hook on a hit, it tightens like a noose on the spool, then you got a real mess.

I agree....I'm not a fan of braids...they are too limp and can tangle way too easy.

You may want to try a fused line product however, like Fireline. It has the best characteristics of braid (strength, low memory) with better/farther casting. And, the line has the integrity of mono.......it's not like a limp, wet noodle that most braids resemble.

Resource Pimp
I agree....I'm not a fan of braids...they are too limp and can tangle way too easy.

You may want to try a fused line product however, like Fireline. It has the best characteristics of braid (strength, low memory) with better/farther casting. And, the line has the integrity of mono.......it's not like a limp, wet noodle that most braids resemble.

NWO, with the Fireline, do you still need to use the double polamar knots in your ties?

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

NWO
NWO, with the Fireline, do you still need to use the double polamar knots in your ties?

My best answer is "not that I know of".

I normally tie a mono tipped leader onto the end of my fireline, so my terminal tie is made with mono...usually.

But, when I have used fireline direct, it has usually been with a regular palomar, or....if the lure I'm tying is too big for a palomar (or if I'm just lazy), I just use a regular improved clinch knot. I can't recall having any knot issues tying direct.

Bottom Bouncer
Larry, you should have said "you're a school teacher", the conjunction of the words "you are" instead of "your".

Thanks for that Tom next time I'll get my wife to proof read it. She confirmed your diagnosis. :lol: Like Maverick said in Top Gun when he flew below the hard deck... "I saw an opportunity and took it". :lol:

Trevor is always telling me that "I can lift a ton...I just can't spell it. :lol:

REELBAIT

Trevor Zimak

Tom,

you are also INCORRECT!

A conjunction is a part of speech that connects two words, phrases or clauses together, not two words.

What you speak of is something called a contraction, which is the shortening of a word, syllable, or group of words by the omission of internal letters. (the apostrope represent's this omission of letters).

Now, i'm glad we have cleared this up.

NWO
Tom,

you are also INCORRECT!

A conjunction is a part of speech that connects two words, phrases or clauses together, not two words.

What you speak of is something called a contraction, which is the shortening of a word, syllable, or group of words by the omission of internal letters. (the apostrope represent's this omission of letters).

I knew 'conjunction' was the incorrect terminology, but I didn't have time to google it. I just winged it and hoped for the best.

Way to expose me.

NWO Fishing Bum

Darn, beat me to it NWO. I love it when somebody uses improper spelling/grammar to correct someone else's improper spelling/grammar!

AB
Pfleuger president, 10 ball bearings, super smooth drag, love it, cheaper than shimano products with equal ball bearings,etc, Actually Rog you sold me on it one day at the store, 3 months later I bought one after my diawa got burned out by a salmon, will be asking for another for x-mas

Quantum Boca's and Cabo's - handle steelhead and salmon just fine from the west coast to the north shore. Saltwater rated reels seem to last longer on fish that can swim.

But for walleyes, bass and pike, a little Pfleuger Trion has been my favorite for years now and it has never let me down!

iceman

Bottom Bouncer
Tom,

you are also INCORRECT!

I guess the real lesson here is...Don't mess with Trevor. It doesn't matter if you are here on this sight or on the water Trevor will teach us a lesson. :)

REELBAIT

Guest Hoistanen
I knew 'conjunction' was the incorrect terminology, but I didn't have time to google it. I just winged it and hoped for the best.

Way to expose me.

You should have paid attention to "school house rock". Anyone remember this one - " Conjunction junction what's your function..."?

Guest Walleyeguy
I have been getting into pfleuger reels anyone else like them? What issues have you had with them?

The only issue I have had is when I stepped on one.

Roger

I thought the Shimano Stradics were pretty hard to beat. I have 3. Great reels, but then I got a Shimano Sustain. Very very smooth. and my reel of choice now.

Guest Whopper2

I have four of the spinning reels and one baitcaster and I really like them

The only thing I don't like about the spinning reels is the wooden handles