• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Some Old Guy

Fined for Failure to Report Acquisition of Wildlife Parts

Some Old Guy

A Dryden resident has been fined $250 for failing to report the acquisition of a carcass and $500 for making a false statement to a conservation officer.

On October 20, 2009, Lee-Anne Corbin pleaded guilty to failing to report the acquisition of moose and deer antlers and other wildlife parts, and making a false statement to a conservation officer.

Court heard that in February 2009 conservation officers executed a search warrant at Corbin’s residence. Officers seized approximately 100 animal parts including moose racks, deer racks, bear and wolf skulls, moose and deer bones, and turtle shells. Corbin claimed to have found most of the wildlife parts, purchased some and received some as gifts. Corbin did not have the necessary paper work for any of the seized items.

Seized items will be reviewed with Corbin to determine which items she has authority to retain. The remainder will be permanently forfeited to the Crown.

Justice of the Peace Raymond Zuliani heard the case in the Ontario Court of Justice, Dryden, on October 20, 2009.

Individuals are required to report the acquisition of most wildlife species collected, other than those legally hunted or trapped, to a Ministry of Natural Resources office where a Certificate of Reporting Game or other authorization may be issued. Please contact your local district office for more details

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Buck 120

So if I pick up a moose rack in the bush or have deer antlers for rattling, I need a certificate for them?

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

Some Old Guy

I don't know. But I do know you can't buy parts and you do need a certificate for the carcass. It seems like she is ok with certain items as this line indicates,

"Seized items will be reviewed with Corbin to determine which items she has authority to retain"

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Guest Beamer

If you pick up a rack from roadkill or such you need to report it to the MNR there you can get a possession certificate.

Guest cribby

I preditor call, I pick up all road kill I can get and make bait piles to have animals in the area I call. After he 5th request for permit the girl on the phone said I do not need permit if it does'nt stay in my possesion. I put carcus on my propert near my house, Do I need to report moving carcus from dead on road location to my property? And if so who do I report it to? "if has horns or fresh kill salvage meat and keep if doe or fawn just through on property. Could a C.O please confirm what exactly I have to report.

Thanks