• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Resource Pimp

reguarding the "orange helmet " post

Resource Pimp

God i hope that information is bullsh!t................what is this province coming to? Whats next.........blaze atv's, trucks and hunting shacks? How many hunters with a non orange helmet have been shot (by someone else) in the province....lmao Sounds more like a revenue tool. Wouldn't it be easier to stretch an orange toque over a helmet? just my opinion

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

Pff how many people get shot not wearing blaze orange? Some but they would probably would of been shot regardless due to the hunters just shooting on sounds. Blaze orange is pretty much so you can easily identify who is hunting and who isn't. Just drive down 527 during small game season and it is easy to tell who was hunting and who wasn't just by the fact they were still wearing their orange.

Also you are not allowed to hunt from or even have a loaded firearm on a motorized vehicle. So why would you be required to wear an orange helmet cause you are not hunting.

naden
Pff how many people get shot not wearing blaze orange? Some but they would probably would of been shot regardless due to the hunters just shooting on sounds. Blaze orange is pretty much so you can easily identify who is hunting and who isn't. Just drive down 527 during small game season and it is easy to tell who was hunting and who wasn't just by the fact they were still wearing their orange.

Also you are not allowed to hunt from or even have a loaded firearm on a motorized vehicle. So why would you be required to wear an orange helmet cause you are not hunting.

I agree....if you are riding an atv you are not hunting because it is illegal to do so. You dont have to wear orange in your truck so why would you have to wear orange on a quad. This sounds like a rumour to me

Resource Pimp

Might be a long wait for the answer. The MNR must have parogue'd with the FEDS................Nov 23 (or the last decade) was the last time they answered a question on here. :)

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

Bear

I hear that bright orange toilet paper is next...you would not to use white- may look like a deer flag.........what next.

Bear

Travis Schallock

I think Nonus nailed it, Blaze orange is just a tool to help the Wardens to ID who is hunting. As well as it being Illegal to hunt from a motorized vehicle.

Travis Schallock

Nakina Fish and Game Club - President

Jayfishin

I never thought about that but it does make sense. It would be nice to get a reply from the CO on this matter. I was planning on picking up an orange helmet as I my interpretation was that I needed it for the quad but now I'll wait....till after the Olympics? LOL

Jay

GC 54

I just ordered in 1,000 orange helmets, who needs one? :D

Oh, by the way, they just went up in price too! Way up!

George Clark of TEAM CLARK

FIELD STAFF FOR TEAM SHIMANO PRO STAFF FOR D & R SPORTING GOODS PRO STAFF FOR LUND BOATS
Proudly Supported By: G.LOOMIS JACKALL POWER PRO NORTH COUNTRY CYCLE & SPORTS Treasurer of: Thunder Bay BASSmasters

JustMe

I called the MNR a couple of years ago about having an orange helmet while hunting, they said it was not mandatory to have a orange helmet while hunting, but you still had to wear a helmet. They would like you to wear an orange helmet but it was not the law at the time.