• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest D-Rock

Stocked Lakes Access

Guest D-Rock

I was thinking about hitting some stocked lakes soon and was wondering how you access Stephens Lake. It doesn't look like it's very far from Adrian lake, but I can't tell if a road goes in or not when looking at Google Earth. Backroads Map book shows access from the other side on Pokki (sp?) road, but again Google Earth is a little too fuzzy around that area. Keep in mind that I don't have a sled, so I'll be on foot from where I park the truck.

I am also looking at trying a few of the stocked lakes around Arrow or Sandstone. Any advice as to which ones would be easily accessed would be appreciated.

Thanks!

fisherdude

i also wanna try for some trout but only have a car so anyone know any decent lakes that are relativly easy to access.. jus like ^ il walk. and has anyone been to stephens yet this year? howd you do

Guest Ottis
i also wanna try for some trout but only have a car so anyone know any decent lakes that are relativly easy to access.. jus like ^ il walk. and has anyone been to stephens yet this year? howd you do

Pass Lake is easy to get to for splake. Just park on the bend as you approach the lake (best when weather conditions are good). Caribou is around there as well and I've heard it's just a short walk in.

Jayfishin

You can access stephens lake from the east side from Pokki Road. Once you enter the cutover at the end of the road you come to a Y in the road in about the middle of the cutover. You have to sled in on the left trail (heading west) there is usually a packed sled trail by now. If you don't have a powered sled then its a pretty long walk!

Jay

Guest kbslayer

There used to be access from the Adrian Lake Road side. If the Adrian road is cleared it would be a shorter walk into Stephens.

Bring your GPS and follow any hard packed snowmobile trails. Might be worth a scouting run before you plan on fishing, incase the trail is no longer there, or severely grown in.

Mr. Canoehead
There used to be access from the Adrian Lake Road side. If the Adrian road is cleared it would be a shorter walk into Stephens

Bring your GPS and follow any hard packed snowmobile trails. Might be worth a scouting run before you plan on fishing, incase the trail is no longer there, or severely grown in.

There's a great trail from Adrian to Stephens, I was able to drive almost to the lake last winter before it snowed too much. There should be snowmobile trails on the way in. The problem is the road's only plowed to Adrian lake so...I guess it depends what your definition of very far is! You go past the lake a few k's past the lake then take the right where the main road continues up a hill. Turn left up the snowmobile trail after maybe another Km? I forget...Stay to the left and it's 10 min's snowshoe to the lake, marked by a mnr sign. The fishing is hit and miss there. Pass lake is decent.

John

Guest TBaySmitty

I'm also looking for some local lakes that I can walk into. How is Pass lake? What about any lake trout lakes?

speckmaster

You can drive right to Pass Lake. I think there are splake in there. Caribou Lake isn't very far from there and the walk in isn't too bad. There are specks in there. Sitch Lake past Shebandowan is another lake that you can practically drive to that has specks.

I'm also looking for some local lakes that I can walk into. How is Pass lake? What about any lake trout lakes?

Chuck

Take a short drive to Nipigon and fish lofquist or Deer lotsa specks Also Male lake is 27 Ks up the Cameron falls rd and is also stocked with thousands of specks it's about a 1 k walk from the rd on a skidoo trail

Git "er done