• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bluesteel

Steelheading around Toronto

Guest Bluesteel

Hey everyone

I'm heading down to Toronto Area for 2 months this spring,just wondering if anyone can help me out with some tips on where to find some sping steel?

THX Bluesteel

Guest troutsandy

bowmanville creek is a hotbed that I used to fish when I was down that way...real sweet spot but flooded with people on weekends so if you can get out on a weekday much much better...bronte creek is also pretty decent, Ive only ever fished it for Salmon in the fall but lots of steel in spring

Mr. Canoehead

Credit river and Bronte Creek are my old stomping grounds. Credit is much bigger river, so depends what you like. Both have good fishing.

John

Wade O.

Bronte Creek is an excellent river to fish fish it higher up just below the QEW or between highway five and QEW. Be careful though their steelhead season is not open year round like ours. If I remember right steelhead are only open all year there within so many feet upstream from the river mouth. Usually the regs set the limit at a nearby bridge. There is another creek that runs through Burlington and empties into Hamilton harbor, for the life of me I can't remember the name right now. The fishing was good there early in the season right around the mouth. There were a few more I tried that I would just have too look up their names. It really depends on how far you want to drive and such. PM me if you want some more info.

Guest Bluesteel

Thank you to everyone who shared there info its greaty appreciated ,2 months in the big city could sure drag without a little fishing! Thanks again

Guest mnaiman
Thank you to everyone who shared there info its greaty appreciated ,2 months in the big city could sure drag without a little fishing! Thanks again

Duffins Creek (off york durham line) just south of the 407