• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Domer

SMELTS.

Guest mnaiman
Smelt run done or still running?

Yesterday, there were still tones of birds diving for them at the mouth of the makenzie. An older gentleman also showed up to dip the net for about 10 minutes around 10:30 in the morning but didn't get any. The sea gulls seemed to be having luck however.

Chuck

Rumor has it that smelts are running in Ozone creek and just starting at jessie With this wind I might pass on that one :lol:

Git "er done

Guest E-Gift

Yeah for some reasons any time i go smelting i get skunked i even stopped because its such a waist of time to stay up late to go and get skunked situations like the dam being shut down would help people like me to get more interested in it they should have days nights they will announce dam shut down current river dam 12 midnight will only be shut down 10 minutes

******Please get a hold of me first before doing this******** mayerrc@tbaytel.net

Oh and if anyone can help we are looking for donation regarding a fundraiser we are putting on please do not think this is spam it is not someone told me about this webiste figured it would be easy to find someone interested in donating Family package to help us out by commenting on this website

Thanks Tbay folks

fundraiser event website is

Guest fishless

Help...Is it too late for smelt? Last year Domer (I think) donated some smelts to me. I am a single woman without a net. I would be willing to go help catch some. I only need a small amount - one good feed and some for freezer. PLEASE could someone help me!

Guest Kenny

Went to MacKenzie Thursday in the snow and smelting was poor. Went last night and it was even worse (30 or so in 60 minutes). I think I am done for the year.

unbedable

I ended up going out on Fri evening and it seemed there were still quite a few. The McVicar moreso than the McKenzie. Seemed like the later the better, 1:30 if you're willing to stay out that late. mind you that was three nights ago, but I assume they are still there as there were some people leaving with garbage bags full...

...not that I would ever want to clean that many!

Guest rockstar
I ended up going out on Fri evening and it seemed there were still quite a few. The McVicar moreso than the McKenzie. Seemed like the later the better, 1:30 if you're willing to stay out that late. mind you that was three nights ago, but I assume they are still there as there were some people leaving with garbage bags full...

...not that I would ever want to clean that many!

How about tonite? Still runnin?

WalleyeWayne

My kids went Sunday night around midnight to McVikars and didn't get a sniff of a smelt...

Guest Ray

Well, i just came in from one final attempt at smelting, just about ready to give the disappointing news to my grandparents that they weren't getting smelts this year, and well, good thing i went... Came home today with 6 5 gallon pails full lol... that's gotta be over 300lbs of smelts lol... I had to keep my reputation up and give er one final shot lol... The old folks would have been pretty disappointed... And now i'm sore and going to bed...

mexifin

Went out for smelts at Ozone cr. Monday night. They started comming in around 11:00 pm, There still out there..

mexifin
Rumor has it that smelts are running in Ozone creek and just starting at jessie With this wind I might pass on that one :lol:

Went out to Jessie on Sat. night, talk about s l o w, 2 hrs to fill 4 l ice cream pail,but the smelts are bigger than Ozone.

Guest fishintbay
Well, i just came in from one final attempt at smelting, just about ready to give the disappointing news to my grandparents that they weren't getting smelts this year, and well, good thing i went... Came home today with 6 5 gallon pails full lol... that's gotta be over 300lbs of smelts lol... I had to keep my reputation up and give er one final shot lol... The old folks would have been pretty disappointed... And now i'm sore and going to bed...

Do u mind me asking where u went for those smelts . thanks

Guest Ray
Do u mind me asking where u went for those smelts . thanks

The MacIntyre, right at the golf course and they were really big, like 27"!!! LOL i'm just kiddin... Got 'em at Mackenzie, there's only a few big pockets where they would hold up real heavy