• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MR.SAFETY

speckies

Mr. Canoehead
Well I went down Maone Rd. and tried the creek, thanks for the tip. I only caught a few small ones, around eight inches or so. I am just starting out targeting trout, I used spinners, worms on a hook, small jig head with worm, and or white jig body. Any pointers on presentation, times to fish and any other places to shore fish for specks? Much appreciated.

Getting the little ones to bite is easier than the big ones. The best thing you can do is get there early in the morning. Jigs and spinners are what I use too. Also try bobber fishing over all that submerged wood that you wouldn`t want to cast your jig into. Sometimes patience pays off but mostly it`s all about trying the different spots.

John

Guest Funmonkey
Getting the little ones to bite is easier than the big ones. The best thing you can do is get there early in the morning. Jigs and spinners are what I use too. Also try bobber fishing over all that submerged wood that you wouldn`t want to cast your jig into. Sometimes patience pays off but mostly it`s all about trying the different spots.

John

Thanks for the tip, early morning is the only time I haven't tried yet; that is to be my next outing.

brookiebuster

The brookies just started biting last saturday! Saturday morning I got 45 specks, all around 1-3lbs.Sunday morning got out and got a few more.Then monday morning they shut down,Ill be out may long and hopefully the big guys will be biteing!

Chris

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

km_tb
The brookies just started biting last saturday! Saturday morning I got 45 specks, all around 1-3lbs.Sunday morning got out and got a few more.Then monday morning they shut down,Ill be out may long and hopefully the big guys will be biteing!

Chris

Wow brookie! Where the heck did you catch 45 specks! Care to share your secrets? I've never fished for specks in my life and don't have a clue what to use.

brookiebuster
Wow brookie! Where the heck did you catch 45 specks! Care to share your secrets? I've never fished for specks in my life and don't have a clue what to use.

I got them on a lake(its a unnamed lake) and I was trolling home made double bladed spinners baited with worms or small minnows, with my ultra light rod.Those specks fight amazingly on a ultra light!I was trolling past beaver houses and fallen trees.Ill be out this weekend,they should be at almost full bite by then.

Chuck

Let's see some pic"s Outta 45 you must have a couple :blink:

Git "er done

brookiebuster
Let's see some pic"s Outta 45 you must have a couple :blink:

I took a few pics of the ones I kept,I ussally never bring my camera in the boat because last summer I lost my $700 camera overboard so I just leave it on shore.I only keep what I know im going to eat.Ill post some pics when I figure out how to re size em' Or you can check out my flickr I have all my photos there,heres the link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/chris15/

Chris

Millsy

Great pictures Chris! Thanks for sharing.

Guest BannedCore

P5191835.JPG

P5191834.JPG

Here are my guys with some dandy Brookies. these guys caught 5 over 22" including 2 23"ers and 2 24"ers.

brookiebuster

Nice brookies..let me guess, lake nipigon? ;) Ill be out this weekend testing out my new flyrod,cast some dry flies near beaver houses,then break out the streamers!If that dosent work,spining gear will be ready to catch a few! :D

Guest Funmonkey

OK, so I've had some fair success at the creek down Magone Rd. are there any other spots that can be fished from shore that anyone cares to share. I am new at trout fishing, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Michael

Chuck

Mike if you want to catch Trophy Specks from shore ....Take the short drive to the Nipigon River up the Cameron Falls Rd or from the bottom of Lake Helen down river

You"ll possibly catch fish like this

Nipigon063.jpg

There are lots of areas that are fishable from shore

Good luck an drop by if ya plan on comming out this way NBAT :D

Git "er done

Bullshark

Where is the creek down Magone road?

There is a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot.