• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
troutchaser29

Rasicm on this Board

troutchaser29

Sorry, I ranted on a different thread, I guess that this should prob be its own thread.

I thought this was a fishing website? Why don't the moderators do something about the ugly rascism that is so prevalent on this otherwise interesting site? I have noticed that if someone says something against the Steelheaders, or other topics that are on the wrong side of certain people, they get "dealt with", but I have seen some very ugly instances of rascism on this board.

Not only are the many comments ugly and very un-canadian, they are grossly mis-informed. Its an Ojibway lesson that says that you shouldn't let the strength of your opinion be stronger than your knowledge of the issue.

In the past I was content with reading some of backwards opinions about Aboriginal people and thier Rights somewhat amusing, because usually all the commenters were doing were highlighting thier own ignorance, but lately, the comments have been getting stronger with thier wording and more common.

For those who care to be informed, Treaties were aggreed upon to give "Special Rights" to the visitors, not the Natives. Now, some of the visitors seem to think these Treaties 'gave' too much to one side. I am starting to agree with that. Perhaps the Natives should have clarified things a bit better!

I find it sad that so many people in this country are so mis-informed on such a historic and relavant tragedy.

Many people either don't know or grossly underestimate the effect of thier incredably unique situation, in that they were treated so different for so many years. Remember, it was the direct goal of the government to make these people feel so bad and ashamed of who they were, that they would then not want to be who they were anymore. The motto was "Kill the Indian to save the child". What kind of effect do you think that had on this entire race? Do you think that its that easy to overcome this legacy? Do you realize how not so long ago that time was? Think of thier situation, along with the many broken promises and loss of Rights before you are so quick to judge.

Remember, Rasicm only perpatuates the 'problem' you complain about.

Buck 120

Well put!

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

naden

Agreed, lets get back to posts about fishing

levi64

This belongs in the rage cage trout chaser.

Gone8to1248

I moved this thread from the General Fishing section to here and not the RAGE CAGE because it doesn't belong there in my opinion. It will have to be Roger's call or one of the Canadian Moderators to move it to the Rage Cage. Rascism does get startted from lack of good information as troutchaser29 stated so maybe there should be a thread on here where questions can be asked and answered in a civil manner, maybe then rascism will be stopped or at least slowed down to a slow crawl. As we have Native Americans and members who have status through marriage and such I believe we have a good source of some information from within the TBF members it'self and would like to hear from both sides of the coin as seen through each sides eyes. Ask your questions and give some answers and don't attack each other and maybe we can all learn from each other. Remeber we all live on the North American continent so we are all Americans of different ethnic backgrounds and cultures.

Bernie

Gone8to1248

U.S. Citizen

canadianyanke
This belongs in the rage cage trout chaser.

I disagree. This should be stickied in the general forum because of how ignorant people are. Im not native but some of the things that people say behind there computer screens is really shocking and I absolutely garuntee some of these comments wouldnt be said infront of Natives.

Guest JEG67

Just how exactly should someone be called racist if they only want all Canadians to be treated equal. I just don't get it.

THE_BIG_ONE
Just how exactly should someone be called racist if they only want all Canadians to be treated equal. I just don't get it.

EXACTLY

Guest idlehand
Sorry, I ranted on a different thread, I guess that this should prob be its own thread.

I thought this was a fishing website? Why don't the moderators do something about the ugly rascism that is so prevalent on this otherwise interesting site? I have noticed that if someone says something against the Steelheaders, or other topics that are on the wrong side of certain people, they get "dealt with", but I have seen some very ugly instances of rascism on this board.

Not only are the many comments ugly and very un-canadian, they are grossly mis-informed. Its an Ojibway lesson that says that you shouldn't let the strength of your opinion be stronger than your knowledge of the issue.

In the past I was content with reading some of backwards opinions about Aboriginal people and thier Rights somewhat amusing, because usually all the commenters were doing were highlighting thier own ignorance, but lately, the comments have been getting stronger with thier wording and more common.

For those who care to be informed, Treaties were aggreed upon to give "Special Rights" to the visitors, not the Natives. Now, some of the visitors seem to think these Treaties 'gave' too much to one side. I am starting to agree with that. Perhaps the Natives should have clarified things a bit better!

I find it sad that so many people in this country are so mis-informed on such a historic and relavant tragedy.

Many people either don't know or grossly underestimate the effect of thier incredably unique situation, in that they were treated so different for so many years. Remember, it was the direct goal of the government to make these people feel so bad and ashamed of who they were, that they would then not want to be who they were anymore. The motto was "Kill the Indian to save the child". What kind of effect do you think that had on this entire race? Do you think that its that easy to overcome this legacy? Do you realize how not so long ago that time was? Think of thier situation, along with the many broken promises and loss of Rights before you are so quick to judge.

Remember, Rasicm only perpatuates the 'problem' you complain about.

Posted on the wrong page

Yes Troutchaser you could not have expressed it more succinctly. Unfortunately in this day and age we still have to put up with individuals that do not have the intellectual fortitude to understand history and the rights of indigenous people. Indigenous means that they were here first, no one not even bubba from the mill can dispute that one. Not unlike the bigots of the Southern USA in their attempt to defeat people of color is it? Here in Thunder Bay we have people hiding behind their misinformed understanding of the freedom of speech or expression and of all places a site dedicated to hunting and fishing.

I say congratulations to the indigenous people of Ontario, this is your land and I hope you continue to stand up and fight for your rights to all that you are entitled.

Guest lacman

Checkmate

Guest Ottis

Thanks for posting this TroutChaser, it needed to be pointed out and now it will need to be addressed.

Guest Ityflies

Nicely said guys!

Its about time something is being said. I almost left this site on a few occasions, because of it was getting out of control.

Sad to say, there have been a few relationships dammaged because of the racisim on this board. :(

I think a no tollerance rule should be put in place.

Bullshark

As much as we dislike it. Racism is everywhere. :(

There is a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot.

uncle

Troutchaser29.

I fail to see the ugly instances of racism on this board you talk of however I see a lot of confusion in your post.

Guest jackfish pete

You are right. The sad thing is in the Rage Cage, your post encouraged some ridiculous, misinformed replies from other people in favour of exemption. Thank you for this informative post and for making a stand for what I also believe is right. It is sad that other members are ruining it with immature or misinformed replies (in the rage cage, not her).