• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Leech

Sturgeon Bay by Mink Mountain

Guest Leech

I am spending some time at a rented camp on Mink Mountain. I only have a canoe and Sturgeon Bay is calm enough to paddle. I was just wondering what species of fish would be present. There are several areas along shore with patches of reeds and some lilypads. Looks like there would be some pike or bass in there. I know it opens up into Superior, but I'm not sure it's deep enough for trout or salmon. I'm just looking to cast from the canoe anyway. Does anyone have any experience on this body of water? Thanks in advance.

Leech

AB
I am spending some time at a rented camp on Mink Mountain. I only have a canoe and Sturgeon Bay is calm enough to paddle. I was just wondering what species of fish would be present. There are several areas along shore with patches of reeds and some lilypads. Looks like there would be some pike or bass in there. I know it opens up into Superior, but I'm not sure it's deep enough for trout or salmon. I'm just looking to cast from the canoe anyway. Does anyone have any experience on this body of water? Thanks in advance.

Leech

Yellow Perch and the odd pike. The bay gets to warm for salmonids in the summer time.

Bring on the worm and bobber!

Good Luck,

iceman

Thefishleclair
Yellow Perch and the odd pike. The bay gets to warm for salmonids in the summer time.

Bring on the worm and bobber!

Good Luck,

iceman

Perch you say eh???????????? I think im gunna have to try there

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB