• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bullshark

Bright Ideas

Bullshark

I will be going to the keys this winter for about 3 weeks. I have fished there since I was a wee lad. I do have experience and know what I am doing (99% of the time). I have had the idea to ask what you guys think I should use while I'm fishing in the Atlantic/gulf waters. I will try to do as many as possible (if semi reasonable). Only, they cannot kill me or worse, hurt the boat!

So any ideas on what I should do?

I will not however use 4lb test for swordfish.

There is a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot.

Guest jackfish pete

Try: 1) spooling up a Zebco with braid and fishing where you'll get a lot of grunts or yellowtails (better yet, a school of jacks)

2) Taking a dink (for those who don't know the jargon, that's someone who hasn't fished in the Keys or similar places) out and try to get them a trash can slam (4 really lousy fish, like pufferfish, houndfish, seagulls...) as quickly as possible, then take a picture of them smiling and holding up the four @#@%#s on a stringer.

3) Bobber fishing (you know what I mean, for other readers I sometimes put a treble hook on a bobber on burp it across a weedy pond to see if a pike will hit it).

4) Waiting until Larry has had a few too many, then try and beat him at pool (for once)

5) Fish at the swimming beach where people feed the sharks at six in the morning.

6) Gaff a bull shark (MAN that would be a DUMB idea :D )

Tight lines

Bullshark

I do even think I would do that last one. Oh, the legal think doesn't really matter.

There is a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot.