• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FishOrDie

Sausage, pepperettes jerky

FishOrDie

I have tried around the past few years, and i haven't chosen a favorite yet. But i liked the flavor Tims meats did last year.

This year i brought one batch to Simpson meats and deli.

Where is your favorite place to bring you moose or dear for sausage and why.

Just looking for positive feedback not a flame show. :icefishing:

Buck 120

I like Alex's pepperettes at Simpson deli. He will also smoke meat as well like a deer rump for a ham. I also like the taste of the European meats pepperettes.

My concern has always been will you get your meat back or is it mixed with another persons. I trust Alex.

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

Lyle Reiner

i used to LOVE European meats produce, however i have noticed their flavors have really fallen off (maybe they changed their recipe idk). Dont get me wrong they are still tasty,

but

i tried North country meats beside Pennzoil off arthur (near ctc gas bar) and WOW im in love. Their Garlic coil is to die for and the smokies and pepperettes are amazing!

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

AB
i used to LOVE European meats produce, however i have noticed their flavors have really fallen off (maybe they changed their recipe idk). Dont get me wrong they are still tasty,

but

i tried North country meats beside Pennzoil off arthur (near ctc gas bar) and WOW im in love. Their Garlic coil is to die for and the smokies and pepperettes are amazing!

Strawberyy Creek Smoked meats out in Lappe does a nice job on sausages and pepperettes - THey're a little bit out of town, but their product makes it worth the drive. It's a small shop and they have really helped with some advice about how to get the best out of the process.

iceman

Jayfishin

I agree Strawberry Creek has done us well for the last few years. We keep going back!

They also make and sell farmed meat products in several Thunder Bay grocery stores.

North Country Meats was also decent. Tried them last year.

As for Tim's Meats, nothing good to say. Not impressed with the work he did on our bull a couple years ago.

Jay

Strawberyy Creek Smoked meats out in Lappe does a nice job on sausages and pepperettes - THey're a little bit out of town, but their product makes it worth the drive. It's a small shop and they have really helped with some advice about how to get the best out of the process.

iceman