• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Azarius

Stay off the ice!

Azarius

People are venturing on the ice already and folks have gone through... One fatality already in NW Ontario...

Fishing isn't that important, give it a bit of time guys!

Guest Ottis

Even in February there is unsafe ice at narrows, shallow points, warm water upwellings or where there is current.

I'm hearing of some lakes that had lots of snow before the rain fell now have a dual layer of thin ice. Staying off unsafe ice is most important. Check first before venturing out.

levi64

Even in February there is unsafe ice at narrows, shallow points, warm water upwellings or where there is current.

I'm hearing of some lakes that had lots of snow before the rain fell now have a dual layer of thin ice. Staying off unsafe ice is most important. Check first before venturing out.

[/quote

Definately have to know the lake you are going on. I think the low temps this week will help out. No one should be impatient at this time of the year.

uncle

Ice Not Safe

Posted by Mike Ebbeling on Monday, December 6th, 2010 am 10:19:49 AM

Police and snowmobile groups are urging riders to stay off area lakes.

The warning comes after the death of a 55-year-old man last Friday.

Kenroa OPP say a snowmachine went through the ice on Longpine Lake.

The passenger was able to get out of the water, while the driver was recovered by emergency workers.

Rick Schween died in Hospital.

Several snowmachines have also gone through the ice on Rugby Lake near Dryden and Kenora's Round Lake, Rabbit Lake and Laurenson Lake.

Guest tbfisherman

I'll never undestand why somebody will venture out onto 2 1/2 inches of Ice risking their Lives and others.

If you were to break through the ice it isn't stong enough for you to climb out even with picks.

Lots of time to fish this winter......Please Guys don't rush it.

Fish Safe For Your Loved Ones.

Bob