• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jayfishin

527 Lakes

Jayfishin

I was thinking of heading up to this area over the holidays.

Has anyone ever fished in Sauerbrie Lake - east side of 527 across from Posh.

If so what is access like and ice fishing experiences? Crimestoppers map shows trails into the lake off Whistle Rd.

Any other lake suggestions in that area would be appreciated, looking to do a day trip with the kids on the sled.

Jay

Buck 120

Sauerbrie Lake is another lake I like to fish. It has TONS of structure. Especially on the south west side. Lots of reefs in the summer to watch for especially the western end.

Produced lots in the back bay on the south wet end. Also near the boat launch, there is a point just west of the launch.

I have yet to fish it in the winter. Like a lot of lakes in the area, I believe it is commercially fished in the winter.

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

Jayfishin
Sauerbrie Lake is another lake I like to fish. It has TONS of structure. Especially on the south west side. Lots of reefs in the summer to watch for especially the western end.

Produced lots in the back bay on the south wet end. Also near the boat launch, there is a point just west of the launch.

I have yet to fish it in the winter. Like a lot of lakes in the area, I believe it is commercially fished in the winter.

I assume you mean by Gull Bay residents?

Jay

Buck 120

I do not know the origin of the Commercial fishermen, I know a friend of mine from Gull Bay used to Commercially fish that area.

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

Jayfishin

I know the boys from that area have been netting in many area lakes and Nipigon as well.

Maybe Jackinnes is worth a day trip too? Good in the summer time.

Jay

levi64

Bring a shovel, I don't think there is anywhere to get off the highway around those lakes. I was on Dorion cut-off today and that is plowed, well partially anyway. The grader was parked I'm hoping he'll continue to plow.

naden

There is usually a plowed out area to park at the beginning of whistle road across from the posh lake access road

davek

Sauerbrei Legris Cheesman Posh all good summer fishing lakes winter i'am not so sure about but fish are definately there.

Guest brooktrout1962

I saw some one pull out of the Saurbrie road in late October with a 16 foot backtroller on a trailer..my Dad and I were hunting. I drove down the access road about half way and was amazed just how horrible it was.Hats off to anyone who would pull a boat trailer in there.Fishin' must be good!

Any word on Dorion Cutoff? Where it's plowed to?

Guest drk
I saw some one pull out of the Saurbrie road in late October with a 16 foot backtroller on a trailer..my Dad and I were hunting. I drove down the access road about half way and was amazed just how horrible it was.Hats off to anyone who would pull a boat trailer in there.Fishin' must be good!

We pulled a trailer in there once but we were only hauling a 14' skiff. That was this past summer and other than a couple water holes she didn't seem to bad. We did see a camper trailer at the landing, not sure how long it's been there but I could imagine that was fun getting in. The fishing was ok being the first time in.