• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Headhunter

Stewart/ Thompson lakes (stewart lake road)

Guest Headhunter

Just looking for a bit of information,

looking to get out for trout for the first time around here, and have heard good things about Stewart lake. Just wondering where to fish and if anyone knows anythign about the lakes surrounding it. Thompson is right there and apparently has brookies... any information would be very helpful.

cheers guys.

Chuck
Just looking for a bit of information,

looking to get out for trout for the first time around here, and have heard good things about Stewart lake. Just wondering where to fish and if anyone knows anythign about the lakes surrounding it. Thompson is right there and apparently has brookies... any information would be very helpful.

cheers guys.

I believe you might be refering to Tomlinson which is a sled in and stocked with brookies If you check out the stocking list it will tell you when and how many

As for Stewart they have been stocking it for years from fingerlings to adults You can park off to the side of the road as soon as you come to the lake Lotsa people do, or you can access it from the public launch I usually go around the area with the rock fall in about 25 FOW I usually find the adults in10 ft or less

Hope this helps Chuck

Ps Seems they changed the name to Thompson I stand corrected B)

Git "er done

Guest Headhunter

Thanks alot chuck,

Ill be out there this saturday... craving some lakers. I appreciate the info.

Cheers

Lyle Reiner

what about davidson lake, just to the north of stewart. Anyone ever fish it?

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

Guest Headhunter

fished all day saturday no luck on stewart. Ice is thick and as clear as ive ever seen, beautiful day anyways.

rodman

Went out and tried Stewart last week hunting for my first laker.Tried basically right were Chuck said.Fished for about 4 hours and aside from the perch that was as big as the spoon I was using,I only had one hit.I lost the most powerful fish I've ever felt on my line while out icefishing.So ya thanks Chuck.Now I can't sleep at night!haha!

And hello fishing for lake trout under the ice!

Chuck

Hey Rodman I forgot to tell you the hotspot for the big lakers Pm me and I'll cure your insomnia Lol

Git "er done

rodman

Tried for an old hatchery trout again today.Six hours no bites.Shallow,deep, moved, around quite a bit,tried everything from set line with sucker,spoons,jigs.Might have to drive up the road a little further to Jessie!Is fishing accessible by car and foot?Or is a sled recommended?Don't feel like walking to far in the slush!haha

Guest FreshwaterFisherman
Tried for an old hatchery trout again today.Six hours no bites.Shallow,deep, moved, around quite a bit,tried everything from set line with sucker,spoons,jigs.Might have to drive up the road a little further to Jessie!Is fishing accessible by car and foot?Or is a sled recommended?Don't feel like walking to far in the slush!haha

Access at Jesse is definitely do-able with a car. Just walk out and you will find fish.

Brodie K.

gsambray

where is Jesse lake? I have found stewart lake and thought it was around there but no luck finding a map of it on google maps.

Lyle Reiner

just up from the alexander dam, nipigon river area...so go to nipigon and go a bit north.

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

Jesse and Stewart I nowhere near each other. I have a camp on Stewart Lake and fish being pulled out of it are few and far between. There ARE big fish in it though.

Brodie K.

gsambray

the map shows 585 turns into cameron falls road and runs along jesse lk. it only shows 1 side road going into the lake. is that were the easiest place to get onto it from or is there any easy spots. as i have no sled its walking for me. if the possibility of driving right up to the lake is there that would be a plus. (yes i am being lazy).

There are numerous access points from that road to jesse. You can see the lake from the road so you will make it to the lake...trust me.

Brodie K.

RH.

They havent stocked stewart lake with lake trout since the 1990s and hasnt been a hot fishing spot since