• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Thefishleclair

Todays Rabbit Trip

Thefishleclair

Well my bud and my cousin and I went out Hunting for some rabbit this am.....Conditions were great. Snow was hard and crusty so walkin with snowshoes was easy . We got into the trees around 10 ish and I had the first rabbit soon after. . Then we walked on a little more and I busted another...2 in about 15 Min..Things were looking good at this point then it all went slow from there...

Got down to the bottom end and another rabbit went blastin out from under the pines....Put the bead on him and squeezed. Down it went..I had 3 in the bag after an hour of hunting.

We made our way onto the ponds and I scouted for fur sign...saw only otter tracks and kept on truckin....My Cuz saw a rabbit and flung a few arrows at him. He ended up bustin one arrow and parted the rabbits hair. We kept on pushing and I spotted a rabbit sittin pretty in the trees, I had my .22 at this point and called my bud over to bust this one. He never shot one before and I figured I had gotten my fair share, My cuz had missed his shot and it was the rookies turn. He dumped that bunny flat!!!

Anyhow on the way out to head back to the ranch I found one more rabbit and shot it with my trapline .22 . A well placed lung/heart shot....I didnt bring the phone into the bush so the after shots are the ones you will have to see for now...Enjoy

Rabbit.jpg

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

not too bad. are they spooky now like they are during bird season? do you have to whistle to get them to stop?

or are you just sneaking up on them

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Thefishleclair
not too bad. are they spooky now like they are during bird season? do you have to whistle to get them to stop?

or are you just sneaking up on them

Just walk and stalk....I shoot at them on the run...12 Bore loaded with 2 3/4 in #2 lead folds em up real nice....Or if they are standing still Ill bust them with the .22 and dump em in the spot...Soon as the snow is gone and the ground is soft its BOW time for this guy!!

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin
Just walk and stalk....I shoot at them on the run...12 Bore loaded with 2 3/4 in #2 lead folds em up real nice....Or if they are standing still Ill bust them with the .22 and dump em in the spot...Soon as the snow is gone and the ground is soft its BOW time for this guy!!

okay i really want some wabbits now. gotta try this walking while hunting thing. . . sounds interesting

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President