• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest massaro

steelhead

shmanks

Sorry there Shmanks, no offense intended, I was joking. Just the fact I've seen you write that on more than one thread here was kind of funny to me, sorry bud. Again, did not intend to offend you man. And also props for not whining and complaining, especially about being outfished by your girlfriend.

yah i took some offense didn't know it was a joke and yah i did notice that i have posted that before but its all good lol

gsambray

went out for awhile tonight. had a good time and some good conversations with some other anglers out there. missed a hit but thats fishing. after reading the arguements on this topic and leaving the house somewhat frustrated quickly became a forgoten mood when I started fishing. came home relaxed and satisfied with my evening down at the river.

shmanks

was down at mcvickars just looking around and damn is the water still cold...going to duluth this weekend then off to vegas but going to stop at gander mountain and hopefully will get a set of waders. Once i get back from vegas its time for fishing!....didn't see a soul down on the river and sat and watched the closed pool didn't see anything coming up the river.

Guest TerryK

Wow, hey guys? Maybe we need a general fighting forum on the site as well. I come here to check the status of the run and maybe even hear of somebody's success stories only to find 3 new pages of fighting and arguing. Pretty sure this is an annual occurrence since I've been on board here, every time the steel start to run. Oh, and Shmanks, you can stop telling the whole board that your girlfriend outfishes you, WE KNOW ALREADY.

I don't see any fighting or arguing. I see a few folks discussing a difference of opinions. Nothing wrong with a good discussion in my opinion.

Guest Steve Piggott

Down here in the Niagara river we have been fishing all winter.Last Time out we boated 20 fish,one big one

post-1754-0-68686100-1303301498_thumb.jp

km_tb

was down at mcvickars just looking around and damn is the water still cold...going to duluth this weekend then off to vegas but going to stop at gander mountain and hopefully will get a set of waders. Once i get back from vegas its time for fishing!....didn't see a soul down on the river and sat and watched the closed pool didn't see anything coming up the river.

Shmanks,

Check out this website, plenty of great sale prices on waders. The only problem is finding the right size...... http://www.hodgman.com/Sale-Fishing-C69.aspx

PRO V

Down here in the Niagara river we have been fishing all winter.Last Time out we boated 20 fish,one big one

Nice Fish

Mike

brookiebuster

Nice fish! Was that this spring?

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

Some Old Guy

That is a great looking picture!

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Guest Craigh

Made a trip to Duluth.

Streams within 40 miles of Duluth are dropping to very fishable levels, up in temp (Knife was at 46 in the mid afternoon) with some fish really spread out and tons of people. I thought I had a good plan to take Thursday off and beat the weekend mayhem, but I wasn't the only one who thought that way. We didn't find any fish in the upper reaches so it could just be starting down there.

For three guys:

One decent steelhead hooked and got off. A couple 10" steelhead. One looper caught and brought home to eat. One tiny brook trout.

The smelt were in the lester all day - too many that in the deeper slower water that you could snag one on every cast with a size 10 globug. I am sure it was a zoo after it got dark with the dip netters.

AnarchistPuppy

Thanks to whoever left the garbage bag attatched to a tree at MacKenzie. Came in handy when I was cleaning up all the discarded spawn sacs and beer cans this morning.

gsambray

the macintyre doesnt look much better. starting to get tired of hauling a bunch of garbage out for people who dont give a crap. but i have to send out a big thank you to the guy who helped me out today and gave me a float when I lost my last one. Thank you very much it was greatly appreciated. gonna stock up on stuff and pass on the favor to another fisherperson in need like I was today.

gsambray

i'd say not. too bad they were allowed to do that. doesnt seem right to me

Guest TerryK

the macintyre doesnt look much better. starting to get tired of hauling a bunch of garbage out for people who dont give a crap. but i have to send out a big thank you to the guy who helped me out today and gave me a float when I lost my last one. Thank you very much it was greatly appreciated. gonna stock up on stuff and pass on the favor to another fisherperson in need like I was today.

Hey that was me! Glad I could help!

• Like 2

Lyle Reiner

Not asking anything specific, but has the Mac produced a fish yet this year?

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

Guest TerryK

A few fish but it very sporadic. The fishermen far out number the fish lol.

• Like 1

Guest TCom

I went out for a couple hours today, like Terry said very sporadic.. for the amount of nonsense on that river it's really not worth it. On the plus side I watched a group of kayakers paddle down the river. It was really refreshing seeing steelheaders angry at someone other than each other :P

Guest Smack Um

I heard some guys netted 200lbs of Steelhead at the mouth of the Carp River WOW!!! That can't help the conservation efforts.

That's not good news I was just at the falls yesterday my uncle owns the land from the south side of this river all the way down to Sturgeon Bay.

Commercial fishing is legal maybe if these fish where specks they would be safe as they would not be legal for sale?

Patrick

Guest TerryK

I went out for a couple hours today, like Terry said very sporadic.. for the amount of nonsense on that river it's really not worth it. On the plus side I watched a group of kayakers paddle down the river. It was really refreshing seeing steelheaders angry at someone other than each other :P

What is the nonsense you speak of? I haven't seen any problems there for many years, but I do tend to avoid the crowds and fish alone.

Guest Munshaw

Apparently the Black Sturgeon river will be a real sh*t show when the Walleye move in to spawn.

Yeah if you like walleye, avoid the Black Sturgeon in the spring.... We're talking PILES of walleye skinned out and left on the river banks. Pickup trucks full. It's not pretty.

Guest TerryK

Yeah if you like walleye, avoid the Black Sturgeon in the spring.... We're talking PILES of walleye skinned out and left on the river banks. Pickup trucks full. It's not pretty.

I saw 4 fish in a cooler (one of many) there last year and I'm guessing the total weight was in the neighborhood of 50lbs. All very large pre-spawn females.

canadianyanke

I saw 4 fish in a cooler (one of many) there last year and I'm guessing the total weight was in the neighborhood of 50lbs. All very large pre-spawn females.

all thats going to change within next year. so bare with it.

gsambray

the fish may be sporadic but its the fact of getting out and being able to fish without taking out a small mortgage to pay for gas is what gets me out there. I dont keep any of the fish I may catch all released and barbless hooks is what i use.