• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Some Old Guy

S.S.S. 2009

Some Old Guy

I have got a few emails already asking if they could get an email when we are ready to accept 2009 entries for the S.S.S.

If you want a heads up via email just email me HERE

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

NWO Fishing Bum

Roger, tell them to look again in eight months! There is no need to be accepting entries already. Sure, when the tournament first started, and organizers wanted to make sure it would fly with enough teams, offering an early draw for confirmed entries (perhaps a couple of months early) was a good incentive. But now, the event fills no problem, so there is no need for any incentives, or early draws, etc. I, for one, have enough going on in life that I wouldn't/couldn't lock myself into a ONE-DAY fishing tournament until May at the earliest, but I'm sure if this is done like previous years, the field will be basically full by October. As if there is any need whatsoever to need to know 6 months ahead of time whether you're leaving at 7:00 or at 7:02. Tell everybody who asks to watch for news about signing up in the spring!!

NWO Fishing Bum

GC 54

For those who don't know this, Geraldton was half full for next year with advanced bookings before this years event had completed handing out the prizes. Atikokan, you sign up then and there for next year or you don't get in. Keeping in mind that these two tournaments have many volunteers helping out.

Taking registrations now, if you are ready to start, is the way to go, in my opinion. You have some working capital if you need it. And is one less thing to worry about if it fills fast.

NWOFB, most people have to book vacation by year end or early next year, and for those who prefish during the week prior, they need to book vacation. If the committee was to wait till May it would probably be too late to get vacation time in the summer at most places of employment.

Please let me know when and where to sign up, not only as a participant, but also as a volunteer again for the work needed to be done prior to the day of the tournment. If you sell it out now and by getting the monkey (not the SSS Draw Monkey, lol) off your back that is one less thing to worry about. In fact, I would be willing to take on that responsibility for you. Just let me know.

Great job guys on the 2008 event.

Looking forward to the 5th SSS in July 2009.

George Clark of TEAM CLARK

FIELD STAFF FOR TEAM SHIMANO PRO STAFF FOR D & R SPORTING GOODS PRO STAFF FOR LUND BOATS
Proudly Supported By: G.LOOMIS JACKALL POWER PRO NORTH COUNTRY CYCLE & SPORTS Treasurer of: Thunder Bay BASSmasters

Bear

KBI and Bassin for Bucks in Sioux Narrows accept entries for the next year during the tournament. Sioux Narrows holds a draw for position for the next year, during the dinner of the present tournament.

GC is right, open it up and get some working capital.

Regardless I will be there.

Bear

crisop

maybe think of adding a few more teams, maybe 10 more. You know it will be full and pay to 15th

just an idea of course, and i'll be in the 09 SSS

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF

NWO

Boys

There is too much work to do, and too little people for us to have open registration at the dinner. We can barely pull things off as they are.

We'll open registration when those that work on it have time. If that is me this year, I could envision late September.

And, we haven't even reconciled our account from this years event, let alone start the process for next year. Aside from that, the committee has many operational items to hash out by way of meetings.

So, after a lengthy breather, we'll get the ball rolling.

NWO
maybe think of adding a few more teams, maybe 10 more. You know it will be full and pay to 15th

just an idea of course, and i'll be in the 09 SSS

A 65-boat field already pushes the limits of our event site. The lake could handle it, but not the parking/launch area.

arvey

hey guys relax.

like nwo says let them tie up the loose ends from this year ecp. being short staffed.

arvey

Trevor Zimak

Rog or Tom.

Give me a call and we will talk about volunteer help for next year. I am able to provide 3-4 for either one or a two day event.

However, read your pm box before you call me.

Some Old Guy

Hi all,

We still have to wrap up from this year's event.

I'll let everyone who wants notification know when we take the registrations

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

NWO

Boys

Any other tournament out there makes their rules and regulations and stands by them, and takes entries when they are good and fit.

Once again I state: The Shebandowan Smallmouth Showdown is neither backed or supported financially, or in any other way by any COMMUNITY CLUB, MUNICIPALITY, TOWNSHIP, CHAMBER OF COMMERCE, *PRIVATE ENTERPRISE, RELIGIOUS GROUP or CHARITABLY ORGANIZATION.

We're just a bunch of guys.

*aside from prize sponsorship, which is greatly appreciated!

GC 54

Hey guys, maybe we should let the dedicated group of volunteers of this year's event get everything settled and put to bed. You know as well as I know this event will fill as soon as the registration begins.

Until that time, let this year's organizing committee take a deep breath and a well deserved rest. Lets not piss off this small group of volunteers that we need to keep this event going.

George Clark of TEAM CLARK

FIELD STAFF FOR TEAM SHIMANO PRO STAFF FOR D & R SPORTING GOODS PRO STAFF FOR LUND BOATS
Proudly Supported By: G.LOOMIS JACKALL POWER PRO NORTH COUNTRY CYCLE & SPORTS Treasurer of: Thunder Bay BASSmasters

NWO Fishing Bum

"NWOFB, most people have to book vacation by year end or early next year, and for those who prefish during the week prior, they need to book vacation. If the committee was to wait till May it would probably be too late to get vacation time in the summer at most places of employment."

I don't disagree George, but there are other people whom by the nature of their employment or shedules otherwise can't determine when they'll have time for a tournament (or pre-fishing) until the spring. The tournament organizers can do whatever they want; it's their right to do so...my point was more the event is clearly in high demand; I certainly don't think any incentives for getting your money in a year in advance (or whatever) is required in this instance.

NWO Fishing Bum

Guest hockeynut

Just for your information..the Red Lake Fall Classic (walleye) sells out a year before their next tournament..this year 140 boats with a 25 boat waiting list..events takes place labour day weekend...for 2009..yes 2009..there is only 4 spots left as of today...interesting in my view..take care and good luck on the lakes !!