• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
gsambray

2011 Moose tags

gsambray

Its been 4 years since I have had an adult moose tag. 5 years ago I missed the draw dealine and it seemed to really mess things up for me. since then in the past 4 years its been unsuccessful and only carried a calf tag. last year really got me wondering what was going on when I was unsuccessful and in pool#1. hopefully this year will be my year since i beleive that if you were not given a tag and in pool#1 you remain in that same pool. the down side of all of this is I apply as an individual so maybe thats what is happening. I hunt wmu 13 and have always applied for the same first and second choice and always had an adult tag every second year. has anyone else come accross the same issue? how long did it take since the missed draw before a tag was issued?

Guest Matt M

I got a bull tag my second year. I missed the draw my 3rd year applying. It took 6 years after that before I got an adult tag again. I have been applying in 12A. Not sure if it was just bad luck or if missing that one year messed things up.

gsambray

miss a year and we get screwed it seems

Buck 120

I got a bull tag in 2009 (first year in pool A) and I was not successul filling it, Last year in pool B I hunted with some friends and I shot a cow, my firneds shot a bull and a calf. Very good year.

This year we are going to apply as a group. Guaranteed tag with 3 applicants in WMU 13 for either cow or bull.

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

Guest TBaySmitty

I have been without an adult tag for 4 years. And this year I have to apply for 99z, the area that keeps me in pool A but won't give me a tag. I don't have time to hunt this fall but want to stay in pool A for next year.

I used to get a tag every second or third year, without fail.

randomheroj

it took me 9 years to get my first bull tag, now 3 years later i got a cow i had to switch areas but i got and my cousin got a bull tag second year into the draw so if its brown and big its going down hahaha

crisop

our group has gotten a tag for the last 8 years now.

this yr we got a bull and cow tag

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF

Hurketthunter

I hunt 13 as well and if your applying solo I find the average is a bull tag every 4 to 5 years. Lots of hunters in this wmu so getting a tag can be tricky if your not in a party.

Hurketthunter

nwodeerhunter

When I first started hunting I would get an adult tag every second year as a single applicant in WMU 15B, over the past 6 year my dad, brother and I have applied as a group in 15B and have been successful every year in getting an adult tag (each person has held the tag 2 times now).

I don’t have any experience with missing a season as I have always applied.

Marc

Tikka T3 Stainless/Laminate 300 WSM
Tikka T3 Stainless/Synthetic .243Win
Benelli Supernova RealTree APG 12Ga.