• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
James01

Boulevard (sp?) Lake

James01

I am curious to try Boulevard Lake some afternoon... personally, I have watched fishermen pull big walleye out of it (granted, it was a long time ago), and I have heard of big Perch, and I know there are Specks in the lake. I assume there will be Rainbow in the lake as well. Anyone fish it? Suggestions - like where, how, etc.?

Thanks.

p.s. Is there a motor restriction on the lake? I am considering putting my canoe in, and perhaps using a small outboard.

Many Men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

- Henry David Thoreau

Lyle Reiner

I can't see there much fishing pressure on it either. Because no one thinks there is fish in there. I don't know if there is any motor restrictions, as they use motor boats in the dragon boat races. Let me know if you catch anything. I've been thinking about fishing it this summer, as its less then 2 blocks from my house

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

brookiebuster

Most of the fish caught are near the dam in the deeper water.For lures use spinners,small spoons,jigs with bait(worms,small minnows),or a bobber and worm.You cant use motor boats in there,im not sure on electrics though.There may also be fish near where the current river dumps into the lake,and near the rocky points.

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

brookiebuster

Ooops im not sure if you can use motors in there(For a second I was thinking of Hazelwood.)

brookiebuster

At a average its around 5-6ft,but by the dam its around 10ft,its about 4ft where the river gose in.

Bullshark

Most of the fish caught are near the dam in the deeper water.For lures use spinners,small spoons,jigs with bait(worms,small minnows),or a bobber and worm.You cant use motor boats in there,im not sure on electrics though.There may also be fish near where the current river dumps into the lake,and near the rocky points.

There are suckers, small pike and some specks in that pool at the top of Boulevard.

All I've caught in the lake are pike. Though that was the only time I actually fished in the lake.

There is a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot.

Guest fancy pants

Never heard of any wallys but I know that there are specks and nice rainbows. Especially once they close the fish ladder. The late spawners get trapped above the dam. Plain hook and a worm.

Guest fancy pants

At a average its around 5-6ft,but by the dam its around 10ft,its about 4ft where the river gose in.

Oh. That's deeper than I thought it would be. I was just gauging on how it looked when it was drained.

brookiebuster

The depth depends on snow runoff,and how much water is stored in the lake.Those depths are from last spring when I went out in my canoe.

Lyle Reiner

Maybe ill go there tomorrow and toss a bobber off the dam! Ill see what hits

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

Guest jackfish pete

With a bobber and worm, you will get at least eight suckers for every decent fish.

Domer

Had to jump in on this one. If you want to catch walleyes in boulevard go to the new pavillion where they store the dragon boats and fish off those docks there with a jig and worm. There is a deep trough straight out that holds walleyes, many of them. I have seen a guy in one night pull out a three and a five pounder. Have never tried it myself but i know for a fact they are there. Cast out your jig and leave it out there and they pick it up. There is a little current there.

Dom.

brookiebuster

Also by the docks its full of big boulders.

Domer

There is a lot of walleye in boulevard. Go there in the evening and you will see people fish off the docks. I seen a man and woman one night pull in 12 walleyes.

brookiebuster

I wouldnt unless you like a goose marinade...

PRO V

Is there not a sufficient flow of water going through the system to keep the water moving, and keep it half decently clean,? people do swim in there.

Mike

brookiebuster

Every summer it usually get shut down because of the samonella(spelt wrong)from all the goose crap.

PRO V

Your right, they do sometimes shut it down for E coli because of the lack of precip but for the most part the lake is safe.

Mike

pastor norm

I caught and released a couple of small walleye and two pike...

from the shore opposite the docks. That was three years ago

early summer. I was using a bobber and minnow. Alos caught

some hammer handles.

I would eat walleye or any fish when the samonella warning

is on effect. Just handling them might cause problems.

pastor norm

Sorry... I WOULDN'T eat any fish.. E coli or whatever

Guest littlemarten

There is a lot of walleye in boulevard. Go there in the evening and you will see people fish off the docks. I seen a man and woman one night pull in 12 walleyes.

Where abouts are the docks??? I wanna try lol

brookiebuster

By the consession stand,and the miniputt.