• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Big Guy

Strange pike

Big Guy

Would this count as 1 fish or 2 as far as possession limits go?

post-535-0-85513700-1306860782_thumb.jpg

brookiebuster

Its a fake,get a fish,turn it sideways then put it in the other fish's gill. B)

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

Guest Wes

Now all we need is that photo of a giant pike from (Rainy Lake, Lake Of The Woods, Boulivard, Agimac, Wolf River etc...) or where it is from this week, to make an appearance. HA!

Big Guy, if someone tried to pass that off as 1 they should have their fishing license revoked, forever. Then Bill Engval should come up and say... Wait for it!...

Here's Your Sign!

Wes

brookiebuster

Caught this big guy while rainbow fishing in the Mac,thought I was snagged on a log,he put up a fight!post-1188-0-19852700-1306873042_thumb.jp

Big Guy

Just for the record, I didn't "catch" this fish, nor am I claiming that it is real, although I did get a good chuckle out of it. It would be something else to catch something like that though, especially if it was real. I am sure it would put up one hell of a fight.

Guest fancy pants

I think that it is possible for that to happen, but seriously doubt that it would grow to such a size. Siamese can happen to any species, but for a fish, i can't see it making its way in the world. How about albino? Anyone here ever caught an albino fish? They must be out there, but I've never caught or heard of anyone catching one. Would love to see a pic of an albino walleye, or pike......my what a strange pike that would be!

brookiebuster

Ive only heard of albino rainbows,they are actually quite common.I found this pic of an albino pike,lots of stuff on google.

post-1188-0-78309300-1306889051_thumb.jp

Guest Wes

Caught this big guy while rainbow fishing in the Mac,thought I was snagged on a log,he put up a fight!post-1188-0-19852700-1306873042_thumb.jp

BANG! and there it is.

Good one! :wacko:

Now I can add Mac to the growing list. That must of been after that big rain event, when the water was really high. HA!

What about that huge Sturgeon. Wasn't that caught in McVickars? HA!

Big Guy, I am not trying to give you a hard time, just having some fun with it is all. We know you weren't claiming anything.

Guest fancy pants

I think I would be tempted to mount an albino regardless of the size.

Big Guy

Yeah I know, no worries there. I thought it would be a good thread to start.

AnarchistPuppy

Hey ya'll. Now you too can make your very own 2 headed pike!

/>http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=32889

Lyle Reiner

I know a lot of taxidermists that have albino pike in stock! Saves on paint cost, and they can charge you more ciz its a "rare" fish

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

crisop

I think that it is possible for that to happen, but seriously doubt that it would grow to such a size. Siamese can happen to any species, but for a fish, i can't see it making its way in the world.

it's not siamese it's just another pike stuffed up the gill of the bigger pike. the pic has been around for years too

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF

James01

BANG! and there it is.

Good one! :wacko:

Now I can add Mac to the growing list. That must of been after that big rain event, when the water was really high. HA!

What about that huge Sturgeon. Wasn't that caught in McVickars? HA!

Big Guy, I am not trying to give you a hard time, just having some fun with it is all. We know you weren't claiming anything.

Do you mean this sturgeon?

giant-sturgeon.jpg

Now you're just being silly, it couldn't have been caught in McVickers (see the boat)... it must have been caught in the Kam, right below the falls. ;)

Actually I did receive the email about the Pike being caught in Rainy Lake, and the guy in the photo looks like someone I used to guide with... when I first saw it I thought "Dammit, thats my fish!" And the giant sturgeon was apparently caught in Lake of the Woods, according to the email my brother sent me. Ha!

(If the image doesn't work, see any photo of a giant sturgeon.)

Many Men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

- Henry David Thoreau

Guest Wes

Do you mean this sturgeon?

giant-sturgeon.jpg

Now you're just being silly, it couldn't have been caught in McVickers (see the boat)... it must have been caught in the Kam, right below the falls. ;)

Actually I did receive the email about the Pike being caught in Rainy Lake, and the guy in the photo looks like someone I used to guide with... when I first saw it I thought "Dammit, thats my fish!" And the giant sturgeon was apparently caught in Lake of the Woods, according to the email my brother sent me. Ha!

(If the image doesn't work, see any photo of a giant sturgeon.)

Well obviously you have never been in my boat when I go "Relic" (Beachcombers, in case you're too young to get the reference). I bet I can make it to at least Court street. HA!

BTW, I need to borrow a boat, anyone? :blink:

Yeah, that Sturgeon was caught in Rainy, LOW, Kam river, etc. That Sturgeon was actually caught in the water hazard on Chapples golf course. Little known fact!

It is funny how that just keeps coming around. I have even seen it posted at bait shops. That giant pike was posted at a shop in Nestor Falls at one time. HA!

brookiebuster

Here we go,I finally found the REAL story of that big pike.I guess it was'nt caught in the Mac,or even Canada.Here it is!
/>http://www.northernpikefishing.ca/44-pound-northern-pike.htm

James01

Here we go,I finally found the REAL story of that big pike.I guess it was'nt caught in the Mac,or even Canada.Here it is!
/>http://www.northernpikefishing.ca/44-pound-northern-pike.htm

So it wasn't caught with a 36'' pike after all... (I knew it, Ha!)

pike-eating-pike.jpg

The above photo often accompanies the big pike story... with the claim that the monster hit a 36'' pike the angler was reeling in. Many of us, myself included, have had big pike grab fish off our lines - and a few of us may have even landed them in the attempt. But a 36'' pike would be well over 10 lbs., and anyone who has ever handled a pike should recognize that if the pike in the jaws of that bigger pike was 36'' long and 10 lbs. +, the big pike would be over 8 feet long and... I don't even know what a pike that big would weigh - I will let you know as soon as I catch one... this is the latest addition to my tackle box:

obj1139geo1740pg15p9.png

:D

It is all about scale (both the size of my new toy/hook and the fish). I don't know if it needs to be said, but I wouldn't be swimming in Rainy Lake :wacko: if the story were true - and I sure as heck wouldn't allow any kids or dogs to go near the water. Albeit, I would probably be fishing there as we speak.

Huge fish nonetheless.

I am enjoying this particular thread... chatting about giant fish stories with fellow anglers is enjoyable.

Cheers, J.

Many Men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

- Henry David Thoreau

Domer

So it wasn't caught with a 36'' pike after all... (I knew it, Ha!)

pike-eating-pike.jpg

The above photo often accompanies the big pike story... with the claim that the monster hit a 36'' pike the angler was reeling in. Many of us, myself included, have had big pike grab fish off our lines - and a few of us may have even landed them in the attempt. But a 36'' pike would be well over 10 lbs., and anyone who has ever handled a pike should recognize that if the pike in the jaws of that bigger pike was 36'' long and 10 lbs. +, the big pike would be over 8 feet long and... I don't even know what a pike that big would weigh - I will let you know as soon as I catch one... this is the latest addition to my tackle box:

obj1139geo1740pg15p9.png

:D

It is all about scale (both the size of my new toy/hook and the fish). I don't know if it needs to be said, but I wouldn't be swimming in Rainy Lake :wacko: if the story were true - and I sure as heck wouldn't allow any kids or dogs to go near the water. Albeit, I would probably be fishing there as we speak.

Huge fish nonetheless.

I am enjoying this particular thread... chatting about giant fish stories with fellow anglers is enjoyable.

Cheers, J.

I am glad this topic come up. I can shed some light on the whole pike nailing a big fish. Hopefully this photo can show that large pike will hit and kill larger fish. I don't remember the precise year but i think it was 2000 or 01 I went ice fishing with my cousin out to Coffin island when I had my ice shack there and was the only one who had one at the island back in those days. I had thrown on a gold whistler jig with a sucker minnow. It was -30 and the wind was howling. I began jigging and bam, the fight was on. It fought pretty good and after a few minutes on the ice she came. I called my cousin over and he says to me, Did you cut yourself? NO why. Look at all the blood on the ice. I gave myself a look over and no blood. Through all the excitement i didn't even look at the fish until he mentioned that. The fish had bled out in less than a minute because he had a bite mark just past the dorsal towards the tail which had a chunk missing out of him and the most amazing bite mark I had ever seen around his head and collar. Under his gill plate all the way around the fish was a deep gash. I was shocked and couldn't believe it. At this point i didn't really know what the fish's lenght weight or anything was. The fish had bled out instantly. I brought the fish in the shack and examined it even more. THe length of the fish was 29 and 1/2 inches and weighed 8lbs 11oz. The picture doesn't do the fish justice as i didn't have a digital camera with me back then so I scanned the shot I had with my printer. Now you say that it doesn't happen. This was an eye opener for me. I can't believe that after being beat to death by another fish he still hit my line for a last supper. I think it was like a sign, " (you think i'm big, look at whats trying to eat me)." I found this photo but i do have a closer picture i just have to look through all my pictures from back then. I just scanned it and i am not to good with getting it a decent size. Hopefully i can find the other pictures. Having troubles with the picture. Will try again.

Domer

post-377-0-96716900-1307028434_thumb.jpg

This one is a little blury but i will work on another one. Just think this fish was in another fishes mouth. I hope i can get a better picture of this fish, not good with a scanner.

James01

post-377-0-96716900-1307028434_thumb.jpg

This one is a little blury but i will work on another one. Just think this fish was in another fishes mouth. I hope i can get a better picture of this fish, not good with a scanner.

I would love to have a clearer/closer look at that photo... I might have to troll around Coffin Island with my 17'' Grunt ;) .

- Henry David Thoreau

brookiebuster

And here is the REAL story on the pike that ate the other pike!!
/>http://www.northernpikefishing.ca/northern-pike-eats-pike.htm

The little pike was 24'',and the big one was 44'',there are ton of photos,they even landed the big guy.

Master Baiter

Here's an albino pike I caught on Lac a few years ago on the opener..

it was freakin cold!!

post-25-0-26831900-1307054306_thumb.jpg

post-25-0-87855800-1307054336_thumb.jpg

post-25-0-66185300-1307054440_thumb.jpg

If your not a Master Baiter, you'll never pull the big one!!

th_logo_teamnosa.jpg th_NSSAlogo.gif

brookiebuster

Looks like a blue pike.Same as a blue walleye.Cool fish!

Domer

If someone knows how to scan pictures better than me than i will give you the picture because i can't figure it out. If it can be transfered the way it appears it will be alot clearer. Sorry guys i can't figure it out. I will try again.

Dom.